PDA

View Full Version : Buying an iBook for my Girlfriend

shuffles
Jan 30, 2008, 04:19 AM
Im thinking og buying my girlfriend an ibook G4. Shes away studying in France for the year and her Compaq laptop is seriously screwed and she really wants to switch to a Mac. Her older brother has an old G4 n she loves it (she thinks its really retro), so i was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get one cheap enough, cuz i wanna put Leopard on it as well. They're actually pretty expensive on ebay considering they're a few yrs old. ALos, im from ireland so if anyone knows of any websites selling them they'd have to ship to Ireland as well.

P.S. thanks in advance for your help,

Shuffles.

officerdick
Jan 30, 2008, 04:22 AM
Mac are alwyas overpriced, isn't there any Irish mac comunity sites, they usaly have a market. Macrumors also has a market forum, check there.

Scarlet Fever
Jan 30, 2008, 04:25 AM
Mac are alwyas overpriced, isn't there any Irish mac comunity sites, they usaly have a market. Macrumors also has a market forum, check there.

macs aren't overpriced any more, they just hold their value ridiculously well.

OP: You might be better off spending a few hundred more and getting a refurbished MacBook. You can find them from a link on your Apple Store website (i think yours would be apple.co/uk/store (www.apple.com/uk/store))

shuffles
Jan 30, 2008, 04:41 AM
cheers dude

Wayfarer
Jan 30, 2008, 04:43 AM
Can't go wrong, investing in a refurb Macbook. It will serve her well for a long time.

skyrider007
Jan 30, 2008, 04:53 AM
she could order from the French Higher Education store and save 14%

shuffles
Jan 30, 2008, 04:57 AM
I wud but its a surprise!!!