Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Hi there...my first post here...I'll try to be as brief as possible...

I am looking to purchase macbook pro (refb), apple tv (referb) and 1tb time capsule...before I drop $2500 to this setup..I want to make sure what I am trying to do is actually possible...

I'd like to record HD shows/movies from my verizon FIOS box via firewire connection, to macbook pro. Then transfer these movies to time capsule (create a HD movie archive).. and then stream these movies from time capsule to apple tv and eventually watch HD movies on my HD projector....

is it doable?

a 720p movie archive in time capsule? and ability to stream these movies to apple tv?

also, I believe these recorded HD movies will end up somewhere between 5gb to 10 or more in size. Will streaming these movies work? I mean even with "n" connection? or is it going to suffer "buffering" delays?

Thanks in advance....:)

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
It will work - just keep in mind that while your movies are stored on the Time Capsule your iTunes library must point to these video's and iTunes must be running on your computer to stream them to the :apple:TV.

I have lots of 720p titles I have streamed with both G and N - no problems with stuttering. However, you might want to weight and make sure there is no stutter with storing your titles on Time Capsule (I have Airport Extreme and the only time I had stutters was when I tried to stream from a USB Drive hooked up to the Airport instead of directly connected to the Computer running iTunes - Time Capsule may not have this same problem - but I dont think we will know for sure until some has one to try with the Take2 software).

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
While it seems "do-able" we will not know how Time Capsule really works and how the new ATV update will act. It's "wait and see" for an answer to your question.

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
thanks for the answers...then I'll wait for the software update and actually someone do this before I put my order....

thanks again...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.