Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
Does anyone know is Apple is planning on shipping or delivering Panther on the 24th. When you order online it says "PM Delivery-Oct 24" Ive emailed Apple and hope to recieve a response soon, but does anyone have any info on this?

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
That's something I was wondering as well. I ordered it as well and selected 2-day shipping so I'm hoping maybe Saturday?

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
you mean it would arrive at 8 pm on the 24th? That seems doubtful...

I would think that since the official release is at 8 pm, no deliveries will be made before then. It would spoil apple's party!

And I also doubt that Panther would be delivered at 8 pm on the 24th. What shipping company would do that?

So I think Saturday or monday delivery for most people.

Me, I'm going to an apple store and will pick up panther on the spot at 8 pm though! :)

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I just read most of the official thread about Apple announcing Panther, and supposedly, FedEx has a service that delivers in the evening. Most of the people in that thread seemed to think it would be delivered on the 24th. So that's what I'm hoping for and expecting.

edit: I just checked fedex.com, and they have an evening delivery service that goes until 8 PM. I'm on the west coast, so Panther officially comes out right when the FedEx delivery service ends for the day. So who knows.

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
I just Saw My Web Order

I ordered Panther last Friday, the 17th. It still says the estimated shipping date is "on or before October 24." I do very much hope they ship it before so I can get it on Friday. It makes no freakin' sense that they should make us, the people who pre-ordered it, wait a whole damn weekend just because they don't want ANYONE to have it before 8pm Friday. If it does not come on Friday, I am really going to bitch. I mean, what am I going to do? Set up a booth outside my office and start yelling at anyone who cares to listen to check out Panther's new features on my PowerBook? Huh?

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
If memory serves wasn't Jag's release date announce much much sooner? Like months in advance. It probably doesn't matter but i figured i'd throw it out their

Macette

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2002
Melbourne
in australia, panther's release date is a saturday (i think you guys are friday? i might be wrong).

anyway, my invoice at apple says "on or before the 24th", which is in fact before it's supposed to be released here - we don't get it 'officially' until the 25th (our time)...

i'm wondering if it will show up friday, or if we have to wait until monday (i can't see apple australia forking out extra bucks to have them to us on the day of the 25th!!)

or maybe our invoice system is totally tied into the american apple site, and they haven't bothered to adjust it for the fact that our release date here is the 25th.

please excuse if this post doesn't make sense; i've had a few glasses. ;)

intendedaccel

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Brooklyn Park, MN
I just received my new 1 ghz 12" powerbook over lunch and it came shipped with 10.2.7 installed and no panther in the box. Kinda what I expected but still a bummer. I signed up for the up2date on apple's website instantly and it shows my delivery date on the 24th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.