PDA

View Full Version : What would you do ???

toonz diggler
Jan 30, 2008, 07:17 PM
WITH A BRAND NEW IPOD TOUCH 1.1.2?

jailbreak 1.1.1

jailbreak 1.1.2

or

jailbreak 1.1.3?

brando06
Jan 30, 2008, 07:28 PM
Well first off u need to downgrade to 1.1.1 to begin with for any of the jailbreaks.

Quasiportnoy
Jan 30, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'd say downgrade and jailbreak 1.1.1, just to see if you like it. If there's nothing amazing about the jailbreak, maybe just go on the straight and narrow. There's really no reason to jailbreak if there are no apps that are amazing to you (unless, of course, you're into piracy...). But 1.1.1 is where to start, and the jailbreak is almost entirely painless.

Good luck!

toonz diggler
Jan 30, 2008, 08:10 PM
I've jailbroken mine b4..

but i just downgraded on my uncle's to 1.1.1

went on safari thru itouch

went to jailbreak.com

dl the app and it crashes with no sign of it downloading..

wtf

quigleybc
Jan 30, 2008, 08:26 PM
i bought all the new apple apps and am on 1.1.3

if I were to downgrade to 1.1.1

i would lose all the apps i bought right?

Finlandboy
Jan 30, 2008, 09:03 PM
i bought all the new apple apps and am on 1.1.3

if I were to downgrade to 1.1.1

i would lose all the apps i bought right?

no the apps themselves are in a package on your computer, all you have to do is sync your ipod with itunes and they will install as many times as you want, the only problem is you have to be running a 1.1.3 firmware on your ipod

if your going to jailbreak it in 1.1.1 you can just upgrade to a 1.1.3 jailbroken ipod and get the exact same apps and features as the package you've bought

trust me i've downloaded the package and installed them through jailbreak and theres no difference between the two except that ones free :D

cheekybobcat
Jan 30, 2008, 09:08 PM
It depends what you want it for. For me, I didn't need to jailbreak. I don't need random games and other stuff on my iPod Touch. I use it for what it was meant for: music listening and video watching. I just bought the apps though. The mail and weather are awesome. If you don't want to pay though, just jailbreak.

Quasiportnoy
Jan 30, 2008, 10:56 PM
I've jailbroken mine b4..

but i just downgraded on my uncle's to 1.1.1

went on safari thru itouch

went to jailbreak.com

dl the app and it crashes with no sign of it downloading..

wtf

Go back again after it crashes (jailbreakme.com, not jailbreak.com, though that could just be a typo on your part). This happened to me a time or two, but each time I would go, it would crash, I'd go again, and it would download. This is how you had to do it back in the day before one-click (er...one-tap) sites like jailbreakme.com.;)