PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Update on Apple.com

parenthesis
Oct 20, 2003, 06:32 PM
Anybody else notice the bottom-right corner of the Windows desktop on Apple.com? Looks like somebody forgot their Security Patch of the Day.

http://www.apple.com/home/images/2003/10/itunesscreen10162003.jpg

I find it amusing that neither Apple nor Microsoft can keep up with all the security patches for Windows (remember the Blaster fiasco?).

Independence
Oct 20, 2003, 06:57 PM
probably just automatic update asking if it could update the system automatically.

shadowfax
Oct 20, 2003, 07:18 PM
it is pretty dizzying how often they patch that thing up. usually, it's not such a big deal..

skymaXimus
Oct 20, 2003, 09:08 PM
Its probably just an XP system that had been turned on and had iTunes installed on it, so no doubt there are security updates needed! Try like 1500 of them.

Sabenth
Oct 20, 2003, 10:44 PM
Its auto update thats all it sits there counting down how many more things it needs and wants and should have..

I have xp and my last update was 100mb for sp1 and a futher 50mb for other odds and sods.. critical updates come about every 2 weeks

just as well i have adsl other wise i wouldnt bother and keep the windows box of the network and the net..

Oh and first day of adsl i got a nasty worm that slowed down the net for windows but the Mac was saling what a dream..

Keep it up Apple