PDA

View Full Version : FS: 8GB iPhone in OK condition $120 shipped

Calvinatir
Jan 30, 2008, 11:20 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD STOP CALLING/TEXTING/EMAILING/PMing

8GB iPhone with an issue. The LOWER volume button is stuck. It doesn't press all the time, but its stuck in the down position. If you press really hard on it it will recognize the command but then be stuck lowering the volume for 15 seconds. Other than that the phone works awesome. Great signal quality, wifi, etc. The exterior is kinda battered, nicks and scratches, couple tiny dents. comes with external charger and cord. Chrome has been sanded as well to look brushed. NEW SIM card installed, ready to be activated. All other buttons work fine as well as speaker. Has 1.1.3 loaded, but 1.1.1 was the original firmware.

$120 shipped? Call Calvin @ 818.223.1786

pictures attached.

SOLD :O

mBurns
Jan 30, 2008, 11:24 PM
So does the volume actually work? Can I raise the volume lower and higher or does it always revert back to minimum volume? I think I might be interested.

livingfortoday
Jan 30, 2008, 11:30 PM
That is a madly low price for this. I'd be interested, but it's almost too low. Do you have any pics of it on and working?

weazbert
Jan 30, 2008, 11:31 PM
this is exactly what i want.

i will take it.

i have paypal on standby, just send me your address.

thanks

mBurns
Jan 30, 2008, 11:33 PM
this is exactly what i want.

i will take it.

i have paypal on standby, just send me your address.

thanks

I called first dibs. I just want to get my question answered!

Calvinatir
Jan 30, 2008, 11:39 PM
sorry I stepped away to grab a bite to eat and I'm responding on my phone, will be back at my computer in 10-15, I will respect the order of posts/pm. And yes you can turn the volume up and change volume setting in the settings. Not original box bit I have a brand new box to ship it in. Oh, and it's its any consolation or 'bragg' this was the iPhone of a celebrity :)

marclapierre13
Jan 30, 2008, 11:56 PM
sorry I stepped away to grab a bite to eat and I'm responding on my phone, will be back at my computer in 10-15, I will respect the order of posts/pm. And yes you can turn the volume up and change volume setting in the settings. Not original box bit I have a brand new box to ship it in. Oh, and it's its any consolation or 'bragg' this was the iPhone of a celebrity :)

well we can only "bragg" if we know who the celebrity is. Who???
PS: I call dibs after the rest!

Calvinatir
Jan 31, 2008, 12:00 AM
Question about ethics:

If i originally posted it for $120 shipped but get a higher offer shortly after the first "dibs" (fairly substantial) is it faux pas to sell to the higher bidder?

zirkle2007
Jan 31, 2008, 12:03 AM
Question about ethics:

If i originally posted it for $120 shipped but get a higher offer shortly after the first "dibs" (fairly substantial) is it faux pas to sell to the higher bidder?

Well you didn't post it as an auction, but ultimately its your call I believe.

uicandrew
Jan 31, 2008, 12:07 AM
Question about ethics:

i think it is ok, but i would let the first "dibs" person have a chance to match or beat the offer.

if you want to say that the phone is $120 OBO (or best offer), the best offer could be lower or higher than the initial one.

some sellers don't believe in "dibs"

I have been "outbid" before, but i respected the fact that the seller allowed me to match or outbid.

mBurns
Jan 31, 2008, 12:07 AM
Question about ethics:

Let me know either way Calvinatir. Obviously, I am a little disappointed but you have to do what you have to do..

Calvinatir
Jan 31, 2008, 12:15 AM
SOLD to mBurns

by the way..still want that Macbook Air, anyone have one in SoCal yet?!? I have cash ready...

SthrnCmfrtr
Jan 31, 2008, 12:53 AM
Who was the celebrity?

... and Calvinatir, you're my new best friend. You have a way with money that takes my breath away. Can you do me a favor and pay off my student loans?

weazbert
Jan 31, 2008, 02:18 AM
damn, just a little too slow :)

chosenwolf
Jan 31, 2008, 10:33 AM
Calvin, I can get one for you today (I'm also in the 818), but they are probably going to show up in stores tomorrow and they will have plenty on hand. :)

Good deal on the iPhone!

uNext
Jan 31, 2008, 05:20 PM
who was the celebrity?

i cant believe somebody got an iphone for this price.

CP1091
Jan 31, 2008, 08:41 PM
I would have paid higher.. let me know if you ever happen to need to sell another.. :)

thechidz
Jan 31, 2008, 08:49 PM
Dang!!!! awesome deal!

chadrob30
Jan 31, 2008, 11:17 PM
Who was the celebrity?

phungy
Jan 31, 2008, 11:26 PM
Who is the celebrity?

SthrnCmfrtr
Jan 31, 2008, 11:42 PM
Who is the celebrity?

Probably that crazy guy who sold an iPhone for $120.

phungy
Feb 1, 2008, 12:59 AM
Probably that crazy guy who sold an iPhone for $120.

Heh, I actually didn't care who the celebrity was. Just felt like posting on a thread that was already sold, plus notified mods to lock it but mods are apparently too busy to respond :rolleyes:.

SthrnCmfrtr
Feb 1, 2008, 01:13 AM
Heh, I actually didn't care who the celebrity was. Just felt like posting on a thread that was already sold, plus notified mods to lock it but mods are apparently too busy to respond :rolleyes:.

I guess this is as good a place as any to hang out.

So... what's up? *nods slowly, contemplating life*

zirkle2007
Feb 1, 2008, 01:14 AM
I guess this is as good a place as any to hang out.

So... what's up? *nods slowly, contemplating life*

Not much...just sitting here on forum spy. Long day, even longer night...can't sleep.

SthrnCmfrtr
Feb 1, 2008, 01:21 AM
Not much...just sitting here on forum spy. Long day, even longer night...can't sleep.

Word. Just buyin' t3h Airport™ card, havin' a Bud™. (Not really. I'm drinking lemonade)

zirkle2007
Feb 1, 2008, 01:25 AM
Word. Just buyin' t3h Airport™ card, havin' a Bud™. (Not really. I'm drinking lemonade)

So I'm wondering when they'll actually close this thread, although I would like an iPhone if anyone cares. 4gb or 8gb, makes no difference to me!

Lemonade does sound good...I just have water...I'm all out of everything :(

SthrnCmfrtr
Feb 1, 2008, 01:27 AM
Yeah, what's stupid is that I was probably the first or second person to look at this thread. Should've bought the damn thing.

Oooh ooh ooh! I get to edit my signature now!

Cybergypsy
Feb 1, 2008, 03:51 AM
The OP needs to take the T out of his username........

mBurns
Feb 14, 2008, 06:44 PM
I just wanted to post and say Calvinatir is an excellent seller. The product is better then described! The packaging seemed professionally done and Calvin has been extremely helpful answering all my questions. Do not hesitate to purchase from this seller, I sure will in the future! Thanks again Calvin!

Karpfish
Feb 14, 2008, 07:27 PM
The celeb was Lindsay Lohan. She dropped it when she crashed her mercedes. That means that there must be at least 1,2,3,4....well too many to count out there, if you know what I mean ;)

iCeQuBe
Feb 14, 2008, 07:48 PM
I just wanted to post and say Calvinatir is an excellent seller. The product is better then described! The packaging seemed professionally done and Calvin has been extremely helpful answering all my questions. Do not hesitate to purchase from this seller, I sure will in the future! Thanks again Calvin!

Just a side note that I had the exact same problem with my iPhone and brought it to the Apple store here and they swapped it out for a new one. I am sure you can do the same all iPhones are still under warranty. You may have already done this but i wanted to let you know.

Calvinatir
Feb 14, 2008, 07:57 PM
Just a side note that I had the exact same problem with my iPhone and brought it to the Apple store here and they swapped it out for a new one. I am sure you can do the same all iPhones are still under warranty. You may have already done this but i wanted to let you know.

been there done that...2 stores said there was "too much damage around the button" to repair it under warranty..they wanted $250.