Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Wow, this is a real breakthrough! Now I'm not so worried about the possibility of having my own tonsils removed.

Dan

dethl

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2002
Austin, TX
A few years too late for me :p

I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out because they were swelling, and blocking the tube from my ear to my throat (I can't spell the correct name). It was not fun after the surgury....I really wished my ENT had this kind of technique back then.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
I also went through a tonsilectomy and adenoidectomy many decades ago. My was because of repeat tonsilitis. On a funny note, my was done around my B-Day. So it was said to be a Birthday present. I went through the pain and liquid diet. Luckily we had some liquid Apirin or gum to ease the pain.

Also a problem with mine was a secondary infection. My mother had got homework for me to accomplish. When she thought I was at a point to begin, she thought that I was slacking. Come to find out I had come down with the 3 day measles. Quite a suprise because I had the German Measles as a yung child.

Eustachian tube

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.