Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wr0x2

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2003
Lol that's way too much. try 2-3 years of income for the majority of america.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: the question is...

Originally posted by whocares
...does it produce 24ct gold-turds?
I think they feel the dog is as valuable as 24ct gold...

But they are quite good at turning high priced gourmet dogfood into turds.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: thats crazy

Originally posted by Apple //e
i wouldnt sell my dog for any amount of money. sick bastard
your joking right...anyways when you have money you can random stuff like dogs for outrageous prices. personally i would bought a couple of acuras or maybe an m5.

iJon

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i think if i were this wealthy i'd buy a lot of things that people would think were this stupid. it's all perspective. i agree it's kind of pointless to me, but to each his own...

isn't there some way we can claim this stimulates the economy? that's what i do when i buy something weird :)

pnw

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University
Originally posted by paulwhannel
i think if i were this wealthy i'd buy a lot of things that people would think were this stupid. it's all perspective. i agree it's kind of pointless to me, but to each his own...

isn't there some way we can claim this stimulates the economy? that's what i do when i buy something weird :)

pnw

Oh, it does, it does.

stoid

macrumors 601
Having relatives who live in Abilene Kansas, I have actually spent a day at the dog racing hall of fame museum thing. Greyhound racing is just as big if not bigger than horse racing in many ways. At the museum there was a very rich history on dog racing, and in the main room there were even a few of the older retired dogs and trainers hanging out for some good fun for the kiddies. All in all it was a great experience, and a good racing dog could probably make many thousands for it's owner just like a horse would. I won't pretend to know the monetary value in this case, but 70,000 dollars would seem reasonable to my limited knowledge on the topic.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
What's so silly about that when horses and steers can go for millions?

Its all relative. The bigger issue here is the Greyhound Rescue, what to do with the dogs after they've spent their few years racing.....

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That price certainly goes to show what inflation can do $50,000 in 1991 to $70,000 now. The sad part is that they don't get to experience home life with a family as a pet first. With show dogs they are a pet first. Animal rescue does a great service in finding a loving home after retirement.

mms

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
CA
sigh... look what this world is coming to. Some rich bastard paying a whole lot for a dog that he's just going to work to death eventually. Poor dog, its whole life is running around a track to try to make money for its owner.

I seriously don't think dog racing is anywhere close to horse racing. You actually hear about horse racing, while dog racing might get some media attention for some occurances like these. I'd like to know how much this dog could possibly bring in, but I have better things to do with my time than go research that. But if anybody around here does have that extra time...

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
people who live in huts on the side of the runways at airports in India probably think that spending 20 bucks on a dog is stupid.

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University
Originally posted by oldschool
people who live in huts on the side of the runways at airports in India probably think that spending 20 bucks on a dog is stupid.

And it would be, for them. If you have the money, though, hey. A good purebred dog runs in the hundreds anyway, just for a dog.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.