PDA

View Full Version : Just opened my MBA...not good

theodd
Jan 31, 2008, 01:58 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Just rushed home on my lunch break to take delivery of my new MBA. Opened it up...georgeous. Exactly how I thought it would be. Even better! Look a little closer. Dammit. Ding front and center on the palm rest. It actually moved part of the finish because if you run your fingers over it you can feel a bump. Called Apple and they seem to be taking care of me. They said I can swap out at my local store. So bitter sweet. Looks awesome though.

ahaxton
Jan 31, 2008, 02:01 PM
Dang that sucks! Well hey atleast you get to play with it at home till their in stores. Then you get a nice new one!

Much Ado
Jan 31, 2008, 02:01 PM
Unlucky with the model, but I'm glad it looks as good as expected. Enjoy, once you've got it that is :)

island
Jan 31, 2008, 02:02 PM
Any pictures? Curious on how this will hold up against bumps and bangs, you know... ;P

theodd
Jan 31, 2008, 02:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Yeah, I'm back at work now (posting on iPhone) but I'll post pics later tonight. The ding isn't a huge deal. But def not something you want to pay $2k for. If it was on the bottom I probably wouldn't even bother swapping it out. But that thing will driveme nuts if I don't get it taken care of.

Finish feels exactly the same as a MBP and those seem pretty resilliant.

skyrider007
Jan 31, 2008, 02:19 PM
Dang that sucks! Well hey atleast you get to play with it at home till their in stores. Then you get a nice new one!

Why are you referring an MBA as "ultraportable MBP"? They're two completely different products!

ahaxton
Jan 31, 2008, 02:21 PM
Why are you referring an MBA as "ultraportable MBP"? They're two completely different products!

lol you're so behind. Read my old posts haha.

theodd
Jan 31, 2008, 02:34 PM

yar...I was only talking about the resilliancy of the MBP VS the MBA. The MBA feels very solid and the finish seems identical. I should have been more precise.

dacreativeguy
Jan 31, 2008, 02:39 PM
Any pictures? Curious on how this will hold up against bumps and bangs, you know... ;P

When you store it in a manilla envelope, be sure to write "Photos: Do not bend". Then it will be fine.

skyrider007
Jan 31, 2008, 02:41 PM
lol you're so behind. Read my old posts haha.

ive been extremely busy with my revision for criminology exam tomorrow! this must be a reason for why i'm being bitchy on this forum recently, i must apologise ~ lol.

anyway if you've got the cash, why not if it brings you joy. i'd pay 3 grand not to do my exam and get a first, lol.