PDA

View Full Version : Wireless no longer works on iBook

Boourns
Jan 31, 2008, 04:42 PM
Okay, I have a G4 iBook, was new in September 2004, and I added an airport extreme card around two years ago.

So back in December, I had to go into dialup hell for a couple weeks. Had no problems at all before then. During these two weeks, I went to the three local places that had wi-fi: two coffee shops and a McDonalds. I first went to one of the coffee shops, but noticed that my iBook was not recognizing there being any network available, despite sitting next to the router. So I went to McDonalds on the way home since the other coffee shop was closed, and it didn't work either. I unplugged and replugged my airport card several times and it finally recognized there being a network available, but it was incredibly slow and stalled often. Another day, I went to the second coffee shop and was able to get a signal there, but only had one bar. I also went to a library a few weeks ago and could not get a signal anywhere in the building.

As I post this, I am two feet from the router, but had to directly plug in because I only had one bar. But it's just fine for my iPod Touch. I guess I should see what happens if I get a new airport card, but I really need to be saving for a new computer and Radiohead tickets, so does anyone know of a possible free fix for this, or a cause?

Neither interference robustness setting does anything. No software or hardware changes.