Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Despite hopes for an imminent release, it appears Mac OS X 10.5.2 is not yet ready for public consumption. Last week, Apple released a couple of seeds with "no known issues", but apparently has continued to work on the latest Leopard release.

Today, Apple provided developers with the 9C27 but the seed notes reportedly references an old build, so the exact changes to today's build are unknown.

Apple released the first Mac OS X 10.5 update (10.5.1) only 3 weeks after Leopard's initial launch. 10.5.2 has been particularly anticipated as it introduces a some interface changes along with the usual bug fixes.

Of note, the just-released MacBook Air ships with a version of Mac OS X 10.5.1.

Article Link

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
They love the attention, we are to blame, checking software update all the time.

It's ready, they are just being cruel.

jonny

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I'm still looking at the stars and hoping for a gpu update which *might* let me play a videogame or two on mbp. :(

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
i hope they spend as much time as needed, even a another month if need be to make leopard blow tigers stability out the window. Mind them old powermac G5 ads so much power it will blow you away or something like that. Let them take as much time as it takes and with luck it will be a great build.

stoutboy1

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2007
I hope they can get rid of this blue screen problem... take your time (but hurry up) just get it right.

Neil321

macrumors 68040
i hope they spend as much time as needed, even a another month if need be to make leopard blow tigers stability out the window. Mind them old powermac G5 ads so much power it will blow you away or something like that. Let them take as much time as it takes and with luck it will be a great build.

Have to agree with some of this,but what about people with
serious issues like wifi dropouts

cms2

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2007
Texas
newbie:

is it typical for Apple to release updates so quickly/frequently? Or is this more a matter of Leopard being a relatively big update and so requiring some immediate tweaking? Just sort of curious, if this resembles users' past experience with, say, Tiger (which I only got to know for a couple of months or so before Leopard).

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Now I know they're teasing.

But who is "they"? Whoever tells you about 10.5.2 is either in breach of an NDA, or has heard it from someone who is in breach of an NDA, or has read about it on a website that got information from someone who is in breach of an NDA.

Macintosh Man

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
I was hoping this would be released tomorrow but it looks like the earliest I can expect this is some time next week. People are experiencing serious bugs with Leopard so I hope they release 10.5.2 by next week.

bearda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA

Suit yourself, I want AirPort fixes NOW. I've already reformatted one machine (my G4 mini) back to Tiger as my wireless internet connect became totally unusable for long transfers. If it doesn't come out soon I'm going to be doing the same with my iBook, since I've had no issues with the mini since Tiger went back on.

I don't care if 10.5.2 is the update to end all updates or not. I just need the fixes to make Leopard usable now. If 10.5.3 is the one that fixes the little annoyances (couldn't care less about the menu bar or stacks) in another few weeks I'd be fine with that. Until they do I consider Leopard a dud for me, at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.