Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
the Hague, Netherlands
Recenrtly I found a patch to tweak my imac 17 inch 800 mHz ... to be able to use a second monitor, extended screen...

then I spoke to a distributor who told me that the 800 Mhz version didn't support any second monitor with its mini-vga port .. not to an extra monitor.. and not to tv or beamer ...

does anyone have info on this subject..?

beer

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
It doesnt offically support a second moniter in spanning, i.e. extending your desktop. I know the ibooks have hacks to get around it, and i'm sure the imacs do too, just beware that apple doesnt support this so it could void a warrenty. I dont know a whole lot about it, i;ve never done it, maybe someone who knows more can chime in, but thats what i know.

bendersxmas

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2003
ok I have the script in front of me, but I am not sure if I should use it. I own a 800 mhz g3 ibook so I am not worried hardwarewise. But could somebody explain me all (and I mean all) the benefits of this script. Does it come with an option to change the screen resolution on the external screen, can I work with my ibook closed? Can I remove it without any trace (warranty concerned). Anything else I need to know about this patch. Thanks and I appreciate for any kind of info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.