Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
I recently got my license and bought my parent's old '94 Jeep Cherokee Sport when my mom got her new '08 Jeep Patriot North Edition.

Right away I started to look for a new deck for the stereo because the one installed right now is just the factory cassette one which is now broken (won't suck the cassettes in).

I decided to go with the JVC KD-PDR50 CD Receiver for my Jeep due to it was on clearance at Future Shop and it EVEN includes the iPod Direct Connection (The dock connector) RIGHT inside the box :D . It is going to be installed on Monday. With the deck it allows me to scroll through my songs, artists, albums, etc right off the deck without touching my iPod.

So I just want to double check, there should be no issues running my 3G iPod Nano off this deck would there be?

Like I couldn't find anything online but I am believing it should because in the manual it states that the iPod 3G & 4G, iPod Mini, iPod Photo, iPod Nano 1G and iPod 5G should all work with the deck.

thewi2kbug

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
I recently got my license and bought my parent's old '94 Jeep Cherokee Sport when my mom got her new '08 Jeep Patriot North Edition.

Right away I started to look for a new deck for the stereo because the one installed right now is just the factory cassette one which is now broken (won't suck the cassettes in).

I decided to go with the JVC KD-PDR50 CD Receiver for my Jeep due to it was on clearance at Future Shop and it EVEN includes the iPod Direct Connection (The dock connector) RIGHT inside the box :D . It is going to be installed on Monday. With the deck it allows me to scroll through my songs, artists, albums, etc right off the deck without touching my iPod.

So I just want to double check, there should be no issues running my 3G iPod Nano off this deck would there be?

Like I couldn't find anything online but I am believing it should because in the manual it states that the iPod 3G & 4G, iPod Mini, iPod Photo, iPod Nano 1G and iPod 5G should all work with the deck.

Confirmed: 3G Ipod Nano works with this deck (have deck in a 2001 Mazda Protege LX 2.0) , in case it does not, update your Ipod's Firmware NOW!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.