Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm in Ireland. Was considering just flying over to either Manchester or London on Monday to buy one if my order hasn't shipped. Both Regent Street Store and the one in Manchester both told me on the phone Mon or Tuesday but on a first come / first serve basis.

The problem is I don't want to fly over purely on the 'off' chance they may have them in and they may still have stock by the time I get there. .... :(

Let us know if they have them in - in Sheffy on Monday if you can please, I may fly to Doncaster/Sheffield Airport instead and head to Meadowhall.

Cheers.

scharf10

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
I'm in Ireland. Was considering just flying over to either Manchester or London on Monday to buy one if my order hasn't shipped. Both Regent Street Store and the one in Manchester both told me on the phone Mon or Tuesday but on a first come / first serve basis.

The problem is I don't want to fly over purely on the 'off' chance they may have them in and they may still have stock by the time I get there. .... :(

Let us know if they have them in - in Sheffy on Monday if you can please, I may fly to Doncaster/Sheffield Airport instead and head to Meadowhall.

Cheers.

Does anyone think the Glasgow store has any chance of getting them?

I'm about a 1 and a half hour drive from there, so obviously wouldn't wanna go to find out there was none. Does anyone live close at all that could find out, or give them a phone or something. I would call them, but i'm at work just now so can't really do it.

Thanks.

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
I popped into the Manchester (Trafford Centre) store at lunchtime today and they thought early next week was the likely time they would have the MBA. They did say they hadn't been given a definitive date though.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
I would be shocked to find that there is any sort of demand for this thing. £1199 is ridiculous and certainly well above what most people pay for notebooks much more powerful than MBA here.

russtic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Hull, UK
I would be shocked to find that there is any sort of demand for this thing. £1199 is ridiculous and certainly well above what most people pay for notebooks much more powerful than MBA here.

If you want the size you will be willing to pay the premium. Plus it is not that expensive compared to most of the other sub notebooks. Personally I am seriously looking forward to mine.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
If you want the size you will be willing to pay the premium. Plus it is not that expensive compared to most of the other sub notebooks. Personally I am seriously looking forward to mine.

It's the same width and depth as a MacBook, which is drastically faster, has double the USB ports, firewire, a superdrive and a much bigger hard drive for less money. My point with this thing has always been that if you have a MacBook right now, you won't get a MacBook Air into a smaller bag because it's only thinnner, not smaller.

It's not a subnotebook, it's a thin notebook. You can go into a store right now and get a MacBook.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London

Well, be prepared to be shocked. I actually think that even the £2000 machine is going to sell very well.

russtic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Hull, UK
well I am writing this on a black macbook c2d 2GB, HDD160GB.

I have never used firewire or more than one usb, I have never used the optical drive away from home and am currently only using 43GB of the hdd.

I do however carry a briefcase and computer bag, I look forward to slipping the air in with my other papers and leaving the computer bag at home

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
well I am writing this on a black macbook c2d 2GB, HDD160GB.

I have never used firewire or more than one usb, I have never used the optical drive away from home and am currently only using 43GB of the hdd.

I do however carry a briefcase and computer bag, I look forward to slipping the air in with my other papers and leaving the computer bag at home

Sounds like what you actually really wanted was a better briefcase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.