PDA

View Full Version : My Powerbook is Finally Shipping & w/ Panther!!

jaw04005
Oct 21, 2003, 12:47 PM
I ordered a Powerbook 12" like 3 weeks ago and FINALLY it is shipping today. The guy at the ADC store upgraded me to overnight shipping for the long wait, and guaranteed it will come with Panther. He said that was the reason for all the Powerbook delays in the last few weeks. Im excited!!!

MacsRgr8
Oct 21, 2003, 01:13 PM
Good for you!

But Apple delaying the PowerBooks for a couple of weeks due to Panther???
Don't they want the extra cash made on 10.3? I can imagine the delay for a day or two, but as long as 3 weeks..... :confused:

shadowfax
Oct 21, 2003, 01:27 PM
sweet man, the wait pays off! congrats.

jaw04005
Oct 21, 2003, 01:27 PM
Wouldn't those people be elligible for the FREE update anyways? I dunno, I just told you whathe had said. I'm for one am glad, however I did order a custom powerbook, so I dunno if that amounted to the delay, he could have just said that to make me happy. Which it worked ;)

shadowfax
Oct 21, 2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by joshuawaire
Wouldn't those people be elligible for the FREE update anyways? I dunno, I just told you wait he had said. I'm for one am glad, however I did order a custom powerbook, so I dunno if that amounted to the delay, he could have just said that to make me happy. Which it worked ;) no, they have to pay 20$ to get the panther CD if it doesn't come with it.