Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicorojas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2003
Chile
Hi guys:

I know this is not mac related, but I could really use some help:

As of tomorrow I have to choose between a Palm Tungsten T and a Tungsten E, both new.

The first includes a mic, bluetooth and a universal conector, but have less RAM (16 v. 32), older OS and apps (don't know if i can upgrade, anybody on this?), also is heavier and thicker, but shorter.

The two are about the same price here (not U.S.).

Please help. I need to make a decision right now

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
do you need a mic? do you need bluetooth? if you NEED them, get them obviously. personally, i can understand your difficulty in deciding. in the long run, i would find the memory and size as more important and the deciding factors.

hope i could help,
reality

rjrufo

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2002
Boston
I have the Tungsten T, and I really like it. I was looking at the Tungsten E, and decided that I liked the sturdier feel of the T. It feels more solid than the E did. I don't really need a lot of RAM, so that wasn't the deciding factor for me. All I use it for is my contacts, appointments, and to do's.

All in all, you have to make your own decision, but if you wanted a testimonial, then all I can say is that I'm happy with my T.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
As a previous owner of a Tungsten T, I can tell you I was very happy with it. The look and feel were excellent. The metal went along nicely with my Motorola V60 phone, which is also metal. But, I believe the Tungsten E is a better buy. It is a tad slower, and lacks the nice metal body, but the screen and audio capabilities are much better. The new screens are transflective, and believe me, they are breathtaking. Go to a reseller and look at the screen on the T|E, T|3, or Zire71, and if you can, compare it to a T|T. The difference is really amazing. Also, the T|E is supposed to have a louder headphone output. The output on my T|T was alright, but it really could have been a lot louder.

So, in closing, if the "feel" of the handheld is more important, go with the T|T, but if features are more important, go for the T|E, as it's an overall better PDA.

maka

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2002
Madrid (Spain)
the E is great, but it's square 5 way nav button is a bit hard to press in the up and down directions (difficult for games). The plastic case is ok, but I find the cheaper palms have crappy buttons (zire and e)... I don't know if this is enough as to get a T, because the screen is much better, but if you could get a T2 that would be something else

nicorojas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2003
Chile
Thanks to everybody

I finally bought the Tungsten E, and they throw a 32 SD card in it.
I'm very please with it, now I just have to save for my new powerbook

Nico

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.