Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zblaxberg

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
So today was the first time I shot in raw and I'm looking to upload these pics to the internet. I'm pretty sure though that the website won't like my NEF files. What is the most efficient if not fastest way of converting them. I have CS3 and Aperture but have never really worked with raw before. Thanks.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
So today was the first time I shot in raw and I'm looking to upload these pics to the internet. I'm pretty sure though that the website won't like my NEF files. What is the most efficient if not fastest way of converting them. I have CS3 and Aperture but have never really worked with raw before. Thanks.

You can bulk convert them to jpeg in Bridge, just select them then to go Tools->Photoshop->Image Processor.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

The entire point of Aperture is to make this process easy. Import them from the camera into the aperture library. Color corect and crop them in aperture if needed and then export (with correct setting for the web) them as JPG to (say) the desktop.

Yes, people have suggest using PS and bridge Adobe Camera Raw and so on. It would work but then why to you have Aperture?

You can use iPhoto too. Import to iPhoto, crop the export as JPG. Easy.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Yes, people have suggest using PS and bridge Adobe Camera Raw and so on. It would work but then why to you have Aperture?

I have Aperture to manage my original files, its converter is the worst of the four that I own for the NEF files from a D2x. (Capture NX, then Bibble then Adobe Camera Raw, then Aperture from my own testing.)

YMMV.

zblaxberg

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Adobe Bridge worked really well. I have aperture because I was given the cd for it but I don't use it much. I'm more of a photoshop fan. I've used photoshop plenty but never with raw pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.