Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
PBZone provides detailed coverage from the shareholder's meeting... it seems to echo the previous reports... including:

When asked about videoconferencing, Jobs ripped on all the current options out there and said "stay tuned"

Of interest, there were some hints regarding future processors:

Asked about processors coming in the future, Jobs said "we see some pretty good things coming."

Now, I hate to throw fuel onto the fire regarding G5 and other processor rumors... I think the best thing to take from this comment is that they seem to be optimistic. The rest of the article provides far more detail, but few new facts over the previous reports.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
btw, speaking of shareholders

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL) Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President Fred D. Anderson filed to sell 100,000 shares of the company's common stock, according to a Form 144 released Thursday by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Anderson listed April 23 as the approximate sale date for the shares, which he valued at $2.5 million.

either he needs cash right now or he doesn't see the stock appreciating in the near future.:rolleyes:

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
Re: btw, speaking of shareholders

Originally posted by 3rdpath
WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL) Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President Fred D. Anderson filed to sell 100,000 shares of the company's common stock (...) which he valued at $2.5 million.
either he needs cash right now or he doesn't see the stock appreciating in the near future.:rolleyes:

He's probably ordering a new jet airplane or mansion or something..

Interesting that Steve went off on the conference software.. It's definitely on his mind, so it's fair to say we'll probably see iConference emerge this year...
(Here's hoping! Released with 10.2? :)

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
aaahhh, after reading the detailed coverage, I was once again filled with joy.
Joy, because as I read through the coverage, nothing but positive things were discussed, let's see:
no X on wintel boxes :)
and oh yeah,
not to be too sarcastic steve but....do you think you could be a little more vague?

and why only pretty good?

just wondering....

I think that's an understatement Steve used.

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
Steve's style though is typically sparse when it comes to commenting on major upcoming revolutions.. He leaves the whoopla to the marketing guys, and for his keynotes... :) After all, we all know the G5 will be kick a**!
64-bit, higher clockspeed, and expanded Alti-Vec...
This is gonna rock the block!

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Remember QuickTime 6 broadcater that Apple will give out for free as soon as MPEG-4 licensing terms become accecptable? I think that this has to play a major role in any video-conferencing software Apple is planning on introducing in the near future.

BTW, Did Apple give a preview of QuickTime Broadcaster? If nobody's seen it, maybe that's what Apple's planning on using.

I'm still waiting for the G5 though...

elgruga

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2001
Canada
Video conferencing

This is good news - maybe, just maybe, it might be posible for two people with Apple computers to talk to each other across the net.
Without buying a bunch of extra crap, except for the cameras, of course.

All these extra "ithings" mean the price of an Apple drops in relative terms every time another on is introduced.

The digital hub concept is real. Thats a good thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.