PDA

View Full Version : Will Store Rep come through for me Sat. AM to get me a secret MBA?

ahaxton
Feb 1, 2008, 08:32 PM
Well, the person opening the store (tomorrow) told me she would let me know when she gets in if she can get me one of the couple units in the store that they call "express shipments". Thought it would be fun to post a poll and then in the AM let you know if it happened.

ahaxton
Feb 1, 2008, 11:00 PM
It's a close race! lol

Time to say goodnight (worst sleep deprivation I have ever had this week lol). Wish me luck!

ahaxton
Feb 2, 2008, 02:27 PM
She called me this morning to say "hey, sorry but we didn't get the model you wanted in, but I will let you know if it comes in later today".

So I am still crossing my fingers.

matthewHUB
Feb 2, 2008, 03:30 PM
my local store got a shipment from fedEx but there were no Airs onboard....

I'm sure they would have been delivered at the same time. I haven't heard of a store getting multiple shipments a day, especially on a saturday. My store is now praying for Monday...

M

ahaxton
Feb 2, 2008, 03:33 PM
my local store got a shipment from fedEx but there were no Airs onboard....

I'm sure they would have been delivered at the same time. I haven't heard of a store getting multiple shipments a day, especially on a saturday. My store is now praying for Monday...

M

When she called there wasn't a shipment at all yet. Though considering its 4:33pm, if there was a shipment it probably would have come already. No phone call, so looks like lots of wasted time and being strung around.

TorchMusic
Feb 2, 2008, 05:17 PM
Yesterday I called the Canoga Park store in Los Angeles.

Laura said 'Oh, sure, we'll have a whole bunch of them, both kinds, first thing tomorrow morning.' The earliest Personal Shopper appointment available was 10:00, but I was there at 8:30 to make sure I wouldn't miss it.

Suffice it to say Laura wasn't working today, but there were several pissed-off people looking for her. They had none in stock. I was told by my NEW best friend, Lily, that they'd definitely be in later today and she took my phone number & promised someone would call when they arrive. I've called them several times today and gotten responses from "Later today" to "Sometime this Week" to "In a couple of weeks." A delightful way to really piss us all off.

ahaxton
Feb 3, 2008, 06:22 PM
guess what I found out this evening at the store. They sold the three units they got in. When she called me that morning she was lying!!!! They were right there. I was fuming in the store. Now im ticked off to no end. So during my scheduled personal shopper appt they sold them!!!

elmo151
Feb 3, 2008, 06:28 PM
Will I get one of a couple special MBA's in the back Sat AM?
not if the apple rep wants to keep her jib :mad:

NC MacGuy
Feb 3, 2008, 06:59 PM
guess what I found out this evening at the store. They sold the three units they got in. When she called me that morning she was lying!!!! They were right there. I was fuming in the store. Now im ticked off to no end. So during my scheduled personal shopper appt they sold them!!!

I told you I gave more than one Apple employee the Curb your Enthusiasm long eye look up and down and they are. More people will come to that realization in short order. Man, if someone needs one it's you and Cybergypsy. Hold on, they are worth it!!

Cybergypsy
Feb 3, 2008, 07:03 PM
I hope to get mine tomorrow and flood pictures everywhere.....

ahaxton
Feb 3, 2008, 10:06 PM
I have a 9am personal shoppers appt. Wondering if I should go or just ditch it. I was thinking maybe there would be like a couple units again, like I was suppose to get one!
When do shipments come in???

ahaxton
Feb 3, 2008, 10:51 PM
Ok I guess I'm going to meet my 9am personal shoppers appt.
I wonder how do I get in at that time into the store lol.

I will flippin wait there till fedex comes. I imagine if a trickle came into stores when a trickle of pre-orders got theirs in. Well theres pre-orders arriving monday, so I imagine stores will also get a trickle?

What are fedex delivery times to apple stores? anyone?

ahaxton
Feb 3, 2008, 11:44 PM
Time to get to bed.

Do you guys ever feel that once you have started something / wasted days lol you just cannot stop till it succeeds? That's how I'm feeling about the MBA. Wish me luck!

eddietr
Feb 3, 2008, 11:48 PM
Time to get to bed.

Do you guys ever feel that once you have started something / wasted days lol you just cannot stop till it succeeds? That's how I'm feeling about the MBA. Wish me luck!

I totally understand. I'm working on something right now that I absolutely do not have to fix, but now that I've wasted 2 hours on it, I have to finish it.

And, like you, I will no doubt waste many more hours trying to get an MBA this week. :)

Just like I have with other computers that now sit in my closet. And cars that are long since gone that I just HAD to have with this or that particular rare option. Or that I HAD to get as soon as it got off the boat. :D