PDA

View Full Version : Classic Computers and VideoGames

kaltsasa
Apr 27, 2002, 01:56 AM
Just a question, but what all does every one have for classic computers and videogames. Someday I hope to have a musiem in my house with all my stuff. My mother and gf think i'm crazy tho.

I have
4 NES's(1 original box, 1 full powerpad set)
2 SNES's(super gameboy set box)
3 Sega Master Systems (1 full set with original box)
10 Sega Genesis's
2 Sega Cd's(1 in box full package)
1 playstation
1 Dreamcast
1 playstation 2
several dance pads for ps2
Rare Sega Saturn Sega Netlink(mint in box)
Rare Dreamcast Broadband Adapter(mint in box)
Rare Saturn Nights with 3d controler(mint in box)
New unwrapped Sega Xband modem for genesis
All original final fantasy maps, instructions, game, stratage guide
1 interactor back pack
countless controllers and misc eqipment for all this
1 Apple IIgs Limited Edition Woz

1 Next cube with monitor, original cds, etc....

1 powermac 5500
1 powermac 6100 G3 upgraded
3 starmax 5000's
1 powermac 7200
1 g4 533
too much other junk to mention

menoinjun
Apr 27, 2002, 02:56 AM
Sorry, but I've got nothing. I sell crap while it still has some value left to it. That way I can afford more expensive toys now!!

-Pete

Nipsy
Apr 27, 2002, 03:53 AM
I have a G4, an pinball machine, and lots of nice uncluttered space surrounding both!

barkmonster
Apr 29, 2002, 05:28 PM
Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, rubber keys still work but the metal keyboard cover isn't stuck on firmly anymore.

Atari 1040 STE, 2.5Mb RAM. The mouse on that thing has lasted me 12 years, I went through 2 ADB mice within 18 months of buying my beige G3.

I don't think my mac is classed as a classic just yet, I just hope I can get a G4/G5 before it is :-)

I did have a grandstand games console (cheapscate pong rip off) but I broke it years ago so it doesn't really count.

Spock
Apr 29, 2002, 06:06 PM
I have

Apple Lisa, Very Rare
Mac Plus,
Mac SE,
Mac Classic,
Performa 550,
iBook 366,
Apple Newton 100,120,
Linux Box,
Windows 2000 PC
Sega Master with 9 games
Sege Genisis with 97 games
Playstation One,
Sega Dreamcast
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Gamecube,
Speed Racer (Rare StyleWriter2 prototype)
Power Mac DP 1ghz with 23" SD

Did I mention the Ferrari and Viper?

kaltsasa
May 3, 2002, 11:34 PM
An excelent collection Spock, excelent indeed

jelloshotsrule
May 3, 2002, 11:40 PM
i think you're a bit crazy too actually.. but hey, i've never been into collecting stuff just for kicks...

i have a dreamcast that i wouldn't mind getting rid of if you're interested.....

also, where's the neo-geo? come on man! ha

Mr. Anderson
May 4, 2002, 12:02 AM
So why do you collect this stuff? I'm not one to keep something around once its usefulness runs out. I've had a few of those things on your lists, but I just don't have any motivation to keep it around.

Actually, just today I brought a whole load of stuff to Goodwill that a few years ago I would have not even thought of getting rid of because I was still using the stuff. Are you guys hoping this stuff will be worth something in a decade or two, or are you just keeping it around because of nastalgia?

kaltsasa
May 4, 2002, 12:46 AM
Some for money, some for just the fact that they are still very usable, 8 and 16 bit games are frankly, much better then most next-gen games i've seen. They are coming in big now that the childeren of the 80's and 90's(like me) are becoming finacialy independant and realize what we missed back then. But many classic games, many hours, many memories are with these machines........someday i'll have my home museiem in my basement.......wne i'm 40 heh heh

jelloshotsrule
May 4, 2002, 12:56 AM
so kaltsasa, how bout a dreamcast?!

and i even think it somehow doesn't have a modem in it... which would make it rare and special....

kaltsasa
May 4, 2002, 01:00 AM
I alrady have a dreamcast tho, with the ilustirous broadband adapter(i will be selling shortly, goes for over 150 now) if you had a neo-geo or a 3DO cheap, then we'll talk, most of this stuff is stuff i've gotten dirt cheap at garage sales, freinds closets and stuff.

jelloshotsrule
May 4, 2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by kaltsasa
I alrady have a dreamcast tho, with the ilustirous broadband adapter(i will be selling shortly, goes for over 150 now) if you had a neo-geo or a 3DO cheap, then we'll talk, most of this stuff is stuff i've gotten dirt cheap at garage sales, freinds closets and stuff.

well by all means, i'd sell it to you for dirt cheap at my own internet garage sale..... ha

kaltsasa
May 4, 2002, 01:17 AM
internet garage sales, there ya go, take out ebay and their outragous seller fees, they have really gone up these days....yahoos are so much more reasonable.....i'm not going to sell something for 5 bucks on ebay to pay 3.50 in fees.