Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I have a stuck pixel on my latest Touch. Almost slap bang in the middle of the screen.

I've had stuck pixels previously on a previous Touch, but it was not as distracting as it was at the edges of the screen so I didn't bother to do anything with it. This one is a deal-killer.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dislodger on the web that works with the Touch?

iLoveiPod

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2007
Here you go my man, just follow this link to DL, then drop it on your pod (its already in ipod format). This should work (always has for me)

Link

rfrankl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2006
How do you know if a pixel is stuck or dead?

I have a white iMac, and I have had 1 for a long time, but you can only see it on start up with an all black screen so it doesn't bother me. But is there a program like you just posted for the touch that I could run on a iMac and try to unstick it for kicks. Thanks.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
It was irritating but there was a payoff.

I sent it in for a return. The replacement had problems and also looked like old stock so I went for a refund. Then I got myself a 32Gb.

I just hope this one doesn't develop any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.