Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sir. mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
I´ve tried searching all over for this, but can anyone confirm whether the MBA keys will be changeable, like on the MB? I plan on buying one in the States, because of the weak dollar (no offense), and then change the keys back in my own country.

I´ve also been trying to find out if the SSD-MBA is SATA or PATA. Because it seems like PATA-SSD will be discontinued, at least that´s the impression I get from reading up on the future of SSD and single layer drives.

Thanks for any input! :eek:

sir. mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
Seems like somebody confirmed in another thread that the SSD is PATA. this means that it sucks if they discontinue PATA-SSD´s. Looks like there will be no upgrading to 128GB SSD then. I mean it certainly is a possibility, but I wouldn´t bet my life on it.

But, what about the keys, are they changeable? Can anyone lucky enough to own one of these babies try to see if the keys are similar to the MB? It´s probably only logical that they are changeable, right?

Anderson3133

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Seems like somebody confirmed in another thread that the SSD is PATA. this means that it sucks if they discontinue PATA-SSD´s. Looks like there will be no upgrading to 128GB SSD then. I mean it certainly is a possibility, but I wouldn´t bet my life on it.

But, what about the keys, are they changeable? Can anyone lucky enough to own one of these babies try to see if the keys are similar to the MB? It´s probably only logical that they are changeable, right?

Dont get down on it.... Samsung and Supertalent have both put 128GB+ Pata's that will fit this MBA intp mass production right now
They are expecting them to be ready for mid 2008. In time for an update, and cheaper prices on lower SSD models. :)

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.