Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klaxamazoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
In case anyone else is having this problem I found a fix.

None of my calendars from iCal were syncing or, if they did, only random events would sync. None of the usual solutions worked. i.e. reseting the iSync history, etc.

It turns out my "Birthdays" calendar was corrupt. If you are having sync issues try deleting and re-loading birthdays.

gadgetspy

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
You, sir, are a genius!

I had been trying to bring my Air into my multi-mac syncing world, and had tried just about everything. Everything else was syncing except ical, and during the process I realized that none of my macs icals were syncing anymore. Tore my hair out for about 6 hours across 3 days.

I deleted the birthday calendar and 3 other calendars I wasn't using and everything immediately synced up.

Thank you!

arjunm

Cancelled
May 6, 2007
Thank you so much! This helped me heaps! I've been going crazy over gettingrazy over getting my computers to sync, I've had trouble with syncing POP accounts, then I switched to IMAP, then I find out that Mail messes up to-dos in IMAP accounts, then the whole calendar issue... I almost went crazy-...

THANK YOU!!!

cafebritt

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
Can't delete duplicate calendars in Ical

I have 5 entourage calendars and 2 home and 2 office calendars in ICAL and cant delete them and they dont synch with entourage..
Any fix for this??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.