PDA

View Full Version : About Store Shipments??

ahaxton
Feb 2, 2008, 06:27 PM
Hmm, I was bored, so I randomly called stores around the country. I was alarmed at the responses I got.

Quite a few said, "we are expecting them hopefully by the middle of February" or somewhere around that time. "within a 2 week time frame hopefully".

I asked some if they expected any in next week, the majority said it doesn't seem likely. Some said well we might get another couple of demo units this upcoming week.

I almost want to push the button on the online apple.com order with all this nonsense. Tired of going to the store for BS. I'd hate to be sitting here two weeks from now and just figuring out this launch is totally messed up.

ahaxton
Feb 2, 2008, 06:47 PM
I'm staring at the 1.8/SSD in my shopping cart on apple.com lol

What to do what to do. I wonder if I ordered the stock 1.8/SSD online they'd send me it and one less to the store when it comes time for store shipments?

ahaxton
Feb 2, 2008, 07:38 PM
Well I just clicked the confirm button for a 1.8 / SSD.
I have no plans on walking into an Apple store anytime soon. Too irritating. Hope they get things under control and send massive quantities out.

marykay9507
Feb 2, 2008, 07:43 PM
i think it was a smart move to order online since it seems that stores have them on display to touch, but none to buy-- kind of stinks

hellodon
Feb 2, 2008, 07:43 PM
Did any store say they have them or had them in stock?

Earlier today I went with my friend to buy one. He grabbed the external Superdrive which were on shelves and walked up to the counter and said he'll take a MacBook Air. She nodded and said "okay....well they sold out this morning".....?? Yesterday when we both called trying to find out about them they said "2-3 weeks".....now they had them this morning and they sold out? What the hell is going on.....that's just too weird. Why are they saying a couple weeks, and/or acting like they don't have them on the phone...then in person they say they had them this morning but they sold out? Was she making that up? She also said that the MacBook Air is not for everyone and tried to talk him into a MacBook or MacBook Pro....and talked to him like he had absolutely no idea what it was or why he was about to spend 2 grand on it.

Something weird does seem to be going on. I wonder if they even did have any this morning or if it was another spur of the moment lie.

ahaxton
Feb 2, 2008, 07:46 PM
i think it was a smart move to order online since it seems that stores have them on display to touch, but none to buy-- kind of stinks

And it seems like an online order has priority. I think after things calm down a bit, Apple will probably go full force on manufacturing with online orders being #1, so there isn't a backlash.

loghyr
Feb 2, 2008, 08:44 PM
And it seems like an online order has priority.

When are they going to deliver yours?

ahaxton
Feb 2, 2008, 08:48 PM
When are they going to deliver yours?

Ships by: Feb 26
Delivers by: Feb 29

I imagine it will change once Apple makes a statement regarding the delays / Chinese weather