PDA

View Full Version : Best way to switch from PC to an MBA?

zoolaine
Feb 4, 2008, 10:27 AM
OK, my MBA is "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" This is my official switch from PCs to Mac. Are there any tips for making the switch???? I've never used a Mac before. However, I really talked them up at work before purchasing the MBA. Everyone there said that it would not work on the office network so I hope it hooks up without any problems. Otherwise I am going to catch heck from my co-workers.

emt1
Feb 4, 2008, 10:36 AM
OK, my MBA is "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" This is my official switch from PCs to Mac. Are there any tips for making the switch???? I've never used a Mac before. However, I really talked them up at work before purchasing the MBA. Everyone there said that it would not work on the office network so I hope it hooks up without any problems. Otherwise I am going to catch heck from my co-workers.

Well, what do you do on your PC that you want to do on your Mac?

skinnylegs
Feb 4, 2008, 10:40 AM
I think it might be easier to answer specific questions you may have.

zoolaine
Feb 4, 2008, 10:47 AM
I use mostly word documents but I guess my question is if there are any tricks/tips for using Leopard rather than XP? Thanks

skinnylegs
Feb 4, 2008, 10:50 AM
My first bit of advice would be to get used to your new OS. Fool around with it.....especially the Finder. There are so many tips and tricks I don't really know where to begin.....

skinnylegs
Feb 4, 2008, 10:52 AM
I guess a good place to start would be to customize your dock because you will be interacting with it quite a bit. Personally, I don't care for all of the default icons Apple throws on the dock. I mean, I think it's good they put them there initially but I have mine whittled down to four (Finder, Safari, Mail and Preferences) and I create an alias for each app. that I use semi-regularly and throw them in a Stack.

peterlobl
Feb 4, 2008, 10:55 AM
any advice on a snappy email client, which can import Outlook saved email database? not a lot of contact info - just large database of attachments, etc

all other PC--> MAC apps r very easy to adjust to, i think!

thnks for any and all help!

skinnylegs
Feb 4, 2008, 10:59 AM
I imported my Outlook Express stuff into Mail.....

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4485/picture1hr5.jpg

mcdj
Feb 4, 2008, 11:08 AM
yup.