PDA

View Full Version : iStat and my powerbook battery...

joekix
Feb 4, 2008, 06:44 PM
hi,

i have a 12" powerbook 1.5ghz, and i have istat installed, however, i noticed on the battery section that the health and cycle are not being read. only the charge. is something wrong with my computer or my battery? i just got a new battery from apple. thanks

noodle654
Feb 4, 2008, 06:46 PM
hi,

i have a 12" powerbook 1.5ghz, and i have istat installed, however, i noticed on the battery section that the health and cycle are not being read. only the charge. is something wrong with my computer or my battery? i just got a new battery from apple. thanks

Have you calibrated it. Also check the battery through cocunutbattery and System Profiler under the Power tab. Hope that helps.

joekix
Feb 4, 2008, 07:10 PM
coconutbattery seems to be off a little bit, but matches some of the things in the system profile.

brepublican
Feb 22, 2008, 12:33 PM
I have a 12" PowerBook (1.5 GHz) with the iStat nano widget installed.

I've the same problem as you. The cycle count and health show up as "0" and "0%" respectively. But I think the main problem is that my battery is kaput. With only a charge cycle of 50 and full charge capacity of 1283 mAh (according to sys profiler), I can barely get 10 min worth of juice out of the thing.

I'm running 10.5.2