Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJesus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Reno, Nevada
Well, we were assigned to make a poster in my Physics class.
Now, we do receive points for creativeness so I wasn't sooo crazy.
Anyways, I decided to make my poster an iMac, the one I made is roughly the size of my 24 incher and I still need to finish the back tomorrow.

Here's a picture:

a91bb91a.jpg

Now, I was wondering...
...how many of you and how often to you show off your love of Apple?
Also, what things have you done to make people notice it?

And yeah, I'll probably recieve a few "you have way too much time on your hands" remarks :D

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Exactly how does making a poster of non-physics stuff relate to a physics project?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
that is nice

I am having a shirt screen-printed that will read

"Friends don't let friends do Vista"
:apple:
I've seen the shirt before actually. Or maybe it was with Windows and not Vista.

As for showing off. I do not. I do have an apple sticker on my car but I guess it was just a thing. I generally don't care to let people know what I have. The people you want to ask are the very people who list their inventory in their sigs. I think if you do that it is great for you but it's not my cup of tea...not even ginger lemon. :)

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I've seen the shirt before actually. Or maybe it was with Windows and not Vista.

As for showing off. I do not. I do have an apple sticker on my car but I guess it was just a thing. I generally don't care to let people know what I have. The people you want to ask are the very people who list their inventory in their sigs. I think if you do that it is great for you but it's not my cup of tea...not even ginger lemon. :)

Being one of those "people" I disagree completely. It's a Mac forum, therefore listing our Apple gear in our sigs seems only natural. I do not flaunt my Apple style, whatever that means, in public nor anywhere outside my office and/or computer areas. The only time I even let people know that I'm an Apple user is when comments are made or when I'm talking to a former graphics professor who is also a Mac addict.

But don't let my explanation alter your theory.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I try to. I like to show my Apple side.

But once in a while you get a Windows girl and yeah, that doesn't end very well. :p

I feel ya. Luckily my girl likes Macs...she's just a slave to the Windows world. She wants an iPhone and I told her I'm going to get her a Mac mini and she was pretty excited, so at least she's not a lost cause ;)

iJesus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Reno, Nevada
Update

Here's the finished result. It's due tomorrow. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    580 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    607.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    550.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    569.6 KB · Views: 74

MacBoy108

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Yorba Linda CA

I made an iPhone poster for health class and the icons were the things in my "equilibrium" I always flaunt my love for Apple, its called being a "fanboy" its very fun but just don't be an annoying one.....If there is such a thing.

iJesus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Reno, Nevada
Well,

... I handed it in and everyone in my class was very impressed. The teacher was like "Wow, it's an iMac! SWEEEEEET!"

Yes, my teacher does use the word "sweet" quite often =)

I hope I get extra credit points =)
Things go well for me at home :)apple:) when I bring in 100%s
;)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Yes, you did an incredible job. Very nice! I like the Cover Flow. :)

I agree.

I never show people my "Mac style". I like the products, but it's not like Macs make you special or something. I don't have a huge connection with Macs and Mac users just because they use a Mac. I've met complete douche-bags who use Macs.

I don't like showing off my Macs because I think it's equivalent to someone who drives around and shows off his nice car, how much money he has, or his/her nice toned body. It's a bit sad.

Even if I like my car, and I like my body, and I like my computer, I'm not going to bother showing off to someone who has none of these things.

doubleohseven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
You did a great job on that poster, well done.

In P.E class we had to do a brochure on products of a well-known brand (I chose Apple :D). I printed out and glued on pictures of macs, wrote down the specs, decorated it and handed it to the teacher; I got 9 out of 10 :D.

A week later, the aluminium iMacs came out, so that brochure was outdated quickly :eek:.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.