PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft free!!!!!

MIADolFan
Oct 22, 2003, 11:30 AM
My second post....

Hi everyone... I guess I am what you call a "switcher". Although I didn't really need to switch at all. I always had my options open and I used all computers and never had a bias towards one or the other. But after 2 years of dealing with a W2K/NT4 network for the federal government...I got fed up. I sold my Dell 8250 machine (nice machine but same old Windows crap problems) I got this past April and got myself a iMac 1.25 G4 with the 17" widescreen. I have not been happier. My wife got her 12" powerbook 2 weeks ago. We sold our G3 clamshell to get it.

The PC and microsoft crap are finally out of my house. I'm rambling on but..... YESSSS THE EVIL IS GONE. If now I could just convince the military to swtich over here at work... I can be just as happy as I am at home. If anyone here can figure out how to get my digital camera CD to mount in my new iMac...I would be even happier :)

Well I hope to learn the lingo you guys use here on the board and I look forward to the discussions. I'm glad I found this one.

SilentPanda
Oct 22, 2003, 11:58 AM
*passes the Kool-Aid around...* :)

What kind of digital camera is it? Can you download whatever you need off of the appropriate companies website?

aphexist
Oct 22, 2003, 12:00 PM
Hey you guys,

You wanna start a cult? I think we could get a tax break out of the deal.

SilentPanda
Oct 22, 2003, 12:05 PM
By golly I believe you're right... I think you only need 10 people to start one... that was the threshold last time I tried to start one anyhow...

MIADolFan
Oct 22, 2003, 12:22 PM
I found a document by apple on it.... thatks to those who read my problem.... This mentions it affects only 10.2 and later...does this mean it worked previously? Also do you think Panther will have the finder capable of reading the UDF used by sony?:

Symptom

When you insert a CD formatted by a Sony Mavica digital camera into the computer, the disc does not appear on the desktop or in a Finder window.

Products affected

Mac OS X 10.2 and later
Sony Mavica CDs

Solution

The Sony Mavica CD is a formatted as a UDF disc. The Finder does not have a feature to read certain types of UDF discs. Here is a workaround:
1. Insert the CD into the camera.
2. If your camera uses Picture-Transfer-Protocol (PTP), ensure the camera is in that mode.
3. Connect the camera to your Mac.
4. Open iPhoto, if necessary.
5. Import the photos from the camera.

This document will be updated when additional information is available.

ScottDodson
Oct 22, 2003, 01:09 PM
See ya didn't need us around for that one did ya ;) A little searching, and ya gotta' find something.

Glad to hear about your swithing.....welcome to the family :D

anyways...so with that cult.....I'm not into wearing nike shoes......

Vector
Oct 22, 2003, 01:25 PM
Do we have to move into a compound? If we do can it be somewhere other than texas it is too hot there.

Also i dont really like kool-aid with poison.

SilentPanda
Oct 22, 2003, 01:27 PM
There's no poison in the kool-aid... just a special ingredient... but we can't tell you what it is... ;)

Vector
Oct 22, 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by SilentPanda
There's no poison in the kool-aid... just a special ingredient... but we can't tell you what it is... ;)

Oh, Ok. I will have some then but we have to get the red kind.

patrick0brien
Oct 22, 2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by SilentPanda

-SilentPanda

I'll bet it will disrupt my input/output carrier signal causing me to awake in a pod of pinkish goo in a tower with enormous arcs of electricity about.

MIADolFan
Oct 22, 2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-SilentPanda

I'll bet it will disrupt my input/output carrier signal causing me to awake in a pod of pinkish goo in a tower with enormous arcs of electricity about.

Red Kool-Aid, Blue Kool-Aid... I havent seen the Matrix in a long while. I work too much.