PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Time Capsule

gopher
Feb 5, 2008, 02:22 PM
Is this another vaporware from Macworld? After all there was something in the air. Maybe just vaporware. Any idea when it will start showing up in stores? I'm not mail ordering it.

Taylor C
Feb 5, 2008, 08:06 PM
I pre-ordered my 1TB model and it has yet to ship.

manhattanboy
Feb 8, 2008, 03:05 PM
I too am :mad: about the ship date.
I will not be able to order it for a month now that my window has disappeared.

I think its all about apple's plans of showing us products they don't have (like time capsule or apple tv) and then giving us bi-weekly updates for products we did not expect (ipod touch).

surgedc5
Feb 8, 2008, 06:38 PM
havent seen it around me yet, im waiting to show up in stores aswell

benlangdon
Feb 8, 2008, 06:40 PM
buy a esata card and any external and it will prob be faster and cheaper

hueyproductions
Feb 11, 2008, 06:59 AM
They told me they'd have it on February 12th. Going to call them back tomorrow and see if that was just BS...

WHM
Feb 11, 2008, 07:26 AM
They told me they'd have it on February 12th. Going to call them back tomorrow and see if that was just BS...

When the iPhone was announced last January, Steve said shipping second quarter or whatever. June 29th is when you could actually buy it. That is cutting it pretty close . During MacWorld Steve said Time Capsule would ship "February". Ordered on line from the Apple Store and guess what !! My order confirmation says shipping February 29th. Last day of February..... cutting it really close. I was shopping for a new Airport Express and a back up drive at the time and Time Capsule fit right in. A week before MacWorld I purchased a new Airport Extreme and returned it on the 14th day to wait on the Time Capsule. Is this the way Apple introduces new product ? This is really turning me off...:mad:

hueyproductions
Feb 11, 2008, 12:25 PM
A week before MacWorld I purchased a new Airport Extreme and returned it on the 14th day to wait on the Time Capsule. Is this the way Apple introduces new product ? This is really turning me off...:mad:

I did the exact same thing - even begged them to let me keep it until the Time Capsule came in - no dice.

And you're right about them cutting it close- remember, June 29th was a Friday, so probably the only reason they didn't release it on the 30th was because that was the weekend.

hueyproductions
Feb 12, 2008, 09:44 AM

As expected, they told me that all they know is "February". Had no idea what the other employee was talking about when they stated February 12th. So we all know what that means - February 29th it is. :mad:

deniser
Feb 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
I've pre ordered mine online from the UK store. I ordered the 1Tb option. On my delivery status widget it says shipped by Feb 29th and delivery by 4th March

Maui
Feb 14, 2008, 10:43 PM
Ordered the day after it was announced:

TIME CAPSULE 1TB-USA
Ships by: Feb 29
Delivers by: Mar 5

Flyer0815
Feb 14, 2008, 10:49 PM
Strange. Just decided to take the plunge last night and ordered a 1 TB. Ships Feb 29 Delivered Mar 5. Im surprised that I ordered almost a month after some of you guys, yet got the same expected ship date. This leads me to believe that this is simply a worst case date, and they will ship before the 29th in the order in which they were received... kinda like the MBA - shipped like 10 days before the expected ship date stated on the website.

Icewind
Feb 25, 2008, 07:46 AM
I just checked the order status for my 1T Time Capsule orderd from the UK store, and it now states "Prepared for Shipment", but the dates are still the same, i.e. Ships by 29th Feb and Delivered by 7th March!

I'm itching to get this thing set up.

hueyproductions
Feb 25, 2008, 09:32 AM
I'm ready for this thing to come too. Hopefully tomorrow is the day. Weird to be this excited for what is to most a backup storage device, but for me, it means getting my wireless at my house back up and running, which in turns improves the functionality of my iPhone, lets me download games and play over the net on my Wii, and means it's worth it for me to get the Apple TV 2, which I've also been holding off buying until my TC is set up. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow...

rfrankl
Feb 25, 2008, 09:36 AM
I pre-ordered day 1 also with the same Feb 29/Mar 6 dates everyone else is posting about. But this weekend looking in the Best Buy circular, they had them listed. It didn't say anything like not in stock yet...hmmm.

PharmD
Feb 25, 2008, 11:10 AM
I saw the Best Buy ad as well so am eagerly anticipating it. I looked on bestbuy.com today though and both versions are "backordered" so we'll see if BB really gets them. Grrr, my Airport express simply cannot handle my current network anymore and I have been awaiting TC since its announcement.