PDA

View Full Version : Is the screen on the Air brighter than the MBP?

aphexii
Feb 5, 2008, 02:34 PM
Finally saw an Air in person today and the part that impressed me the most was the amazing brightness and contrast of the LED Backlit LCD. Side by side with the standard Macbook was a HUGE difference IMO.

What about the LED backlit MBP LCD? Is the Air LCD better quality or just about the same as the MBP?

teerexx52
Feb 5, 2008, 02:39 PM
Finally saw an Air in person today and the part that impressed me the most was the amazing brightness and contrast of the LED Backlit LCD. Side by side with the standard Macbook was a HUGE difference IMO.

What about the LED backlit MBP LCD? Is the Air LCD better quality or just about the same as the MBP?

I have both. Latest version of MBP, I'd have to say no. They are very very close but my MacBook Pro seems a bit brighter. That may simply be due to size of the screen but it is my perception.

aphexii
Feb 5, 2008, 02:49 PM
Excellent, thanks for the info. Now I need to decide if I should wait for an LED Macbook, or just get a MBP.

teerexx52
Feb 5, 2008, 02:53 PM
Excellent, thanks for the info. Now I need to decide if I should wait for an LED Macbook, or just get a MBP.

Its a tough decision. I am debating selling my MacBook Pro as I really don't need two computers but its not an easy decision. The screen on my MacBook Pro is just sweet:)

Cybergypsy
Feb 5, 2008, 02:59 PM
Yes......very bright