PDA

View Full Version : Considering iPod Touch

radpanic
Feb 5, 2008, 11:58 PM
Ok, I can't take it anymore! The multi touch user interface bug has bitten me and I think I'm going to get a 16gb Touch. BUT, I am having trouble convincing myself to make the purchase. I currently have a 8gb Nano 3rd gen that I love mainly because it works perfectly with my Griffin Smartdeck tape adapter. So, I am curious if the iPod Touch works well with dock connector accessories or does it just freak out like the iPhone? Also, I don't watch many videos "on the go"(although I probably would if I had a bigger screen) so what do you think? Surrender to my gadget addiction or let this one go?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

radpanic
Feb 6, 2008, 12:01 AM
I am not rich so I would have to sell the nano to afford the touch.

XplorerMac
Feb 6, 2008, 01:56 AM
I just got my iTouch a few weeks ago and I love it.
In your case, however, you should ask yourself what is it that you REALLY want out of a mp3 payer. If all you're going to do is listen to music then save your money, Don't get it just because it's got a touch sensitive screen and it looks cool. The 3.5 inch screen is good for watching vids on the go. In my opinion the best thing about the touch is it's wifi based apps. I'm always checking my email, and going on YouTube and what not. It's nice to check movie times without going on a computer. It does way more than play music and videos, so if you're going to use it for all it's features, than go for it!
But if ya don't have Wifi forget it.

XplorerMac
Feb 6, 2008, 01:57 AM
Oh yeah it does work well with my Logitech music player dock!

Ish
Feb 6, 2008, 02:50 AM
This is a purely personal opinion, but I think listening to music is easier on the nano because you don't have to keep taking it out of your pocket every time you want to change tracks. You need to look at the screen of the iPt to make the changes.

The iPod touch is great, and I don't regret buying it because I use it for other things too, but when my 1G Nano finally gives up the ghost I shall replace it with another Nano. It fits in the pocket more easily too, especially when wearing jeans which sometimes have pockets that aren't very deep.

bnizzy
Feb 6, 2008, 08:10 AM
You dont realize how much you will use your iTouch for until AFTER you buy it and AFTER you jailbreak it.

now i wonder how i went without it.

:D

calvin2006
Feb 6, 2008, 08:55 AM
I use my iPod Touch all the time. I use it just as much for the Wifi and PDA-like features as I do as an iPod. It is great having all those functions in one well-designed device. The 16GB version is nice because I can fit my library on there and don't have to re-sync constantly to update content.

I also have a 1G Nano, which I use when I go to the gym for the Nike+ feature. When I'm not running, it's just easier to exercise with a smaller device, and I don't want to take a chance dropping the Touch or something while working out.

ScottFitz
Feb 6, 2008, 03:41 PM
I've got a killer PDA phone (HTC Kaiser), an 8gb 2nd g nano and a 16gb touch. I love them all.

THe guy above is right about listening to music with the touch. Not as easy to change the volume or track as with the nano. What is very very cool with the touch, however, is ripping a music concert dvd and then watching/listening on the touch.

I had a cross country flight the other day and I finally got around to watching the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DVD that my kids bought for me a while back. Just outstanding in so many ways. I've ripped a lot of music dvd's this way (using Handspring). I"ve also got a few full length movies on it, the first season of Family Guy as well as some of my son's football games. Oh yeah, about 4 gb worth of my favorite mp3's as well.

I doubt you'll regret the purchase. Just keep the nano if you can afford it for working out or walking type of stuff.

The Menacer
Feb 6, 2008, 05:38 PM
I had a cross country flight the other day and I finally got around to watching the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DVD that my kids bought for me a while back.

I think Hell Freezes Over concert is the best concert that's ever been performed.

radpanic
Feb 8, 2008, 01:47 PM
I purchased the iPod Touch last night. I love it! It DOES work with my Griffin SmartDeck cassette adapter.

bodhammer
Feb 8, 2008, 09:29 PM
I think Hell Freezes Over concert is the best concert that's ever been performed.

These are also very good:

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder

eXan
Feb 8, 2008, 10:25 PM
I purchased the iPod Touch last night. I love it! It DOES work with my Griffin SmartDeck cassette adapter.

Enjoy. I've recently got mine and I love it :D

Aranince
Feb 8, 2008, 10:34 PM
I too am considering an iTouch. I'm getting more and more excited the more I think about it. I think the screen is perfect for watching videos, and the apps seem like a great bonus.

sam10685
Feb 8, 2008, 10:47 PM
You dont realize how much you will use your iTouch for until AFTER you buy it and AFTER you jailbreak it.

now i wonder how i went without it.

:D

Here that all the time when I bring up getting a classic. Lower the price and increase battery life and I'm in.