PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Nvidia cards in macbook air?

GreenMacApple
Feb 6, 2008, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if macbook air will have integrated nvidia cards in the future? Thanks!

clayj
Feb 6, 2008, 11:19 AM
No one except Steve Jobs and Jonathan Ive and perhaps some Apple engineers know this. Maybe there's a way to shoehorn a dedicated video processor with its own memory into MBA v2, but it would be all speculation at this point.

Mal
Feb 6, 2008, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't expect it before the MacBook gets them, although it's certainly possible (very improbable though, both from a size and from a heat standpoint).

jW

malone
Feb 6, 2008, 11:36 AM
If only they would put dual overclocked GeForce 8800 Ultras in the MBA... Then all the X3100 naysayers would hush up. :(

szandor
Mar 6, 2008, 05:58 PM
i really want one of these for linux. once they can shove dedicated graphics in this thing, i'm sold. [dueling banjos]apple sure does make some of the purtiest electronics i tell you what.[/dueling banjos]

BongoBanger
Mar 6, 2008, 06:00 PM
If only they would put dual overclocked GeForce 8800 Ultras in the MBA... Then all the X3100 naysayers would hush up. :(

Coming soon, the MBA Tardis! :D

joegomolski
Mar 6, 2008, 07:07 PM
I agree it would be nice to have dedicated graphics. But I don't think we'll ever see it.

The market for the MBA does not include users of heavy duty graphics, that's the MBP.

The heat generated by a dedicated graphics card would not go well with the design of the MBA.

And think what it would do to battery life.

Mactagonist
Mar 6, 2008, 07:42 PM
Dont hold your breath. People with serious graphical needs should buy the Macbook Pro.