Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreenMacApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if macbook air will have integrated nvidia cards in the future? Thanks!

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
No one except Steve Jobs and Jonathan Ive and perhaps some Apple engineers know this. Maybe there's a way to shoehorn a dedicated video processor with its own memory into MBA v2, but it would be all speculation at this point.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I wouldn't expect it before the MacBook gets them, although it's certainly possible (very improbable though, both from a size and from a heat standpoint).

jW

malone

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
If only they would put dual overclocked GeForce 8800 Ultras in the MBA... Then all the X3100 naysayers would hush up. :(

szandor

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
i really want one of these for linux. once they can shove dedicated graphics in this thing, i'm sold. [dueling banjos]apple sure does make some of the purtiest electronics i tell you what.[/dueling banjos]

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
I agree it would be nice to have dedicated graphics. But I don't think we'll ever see it.

The market for the MBA does not include users of heavy duty graphics, that's the MBP.

The heat generated by a dedicated graphics card would not go well with the design of the MBA.

And think what it would do to battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.