Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
I'm having a really hard time trying to find a nice freeware screensaver that will run in my TiBook with dual displays.

I was wondering if anybody here know of a good freeware screensaver that will work with these requirements:

Must run well on TiBook in dual display mode (667MHz G4, 1GB RAM, 16MB Rage 128)
Must be somewhat cool/interesting

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I figured since we're talking about a TiBook, this would be the appropriate forum.

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
Hmmm... once supastar was installed, it didn't show up in my screensaver preferances panal. I saw that the extension was .qtz What exactly is that? Does that mean it uses Quartz Extreme? If it does, neither of my displays support it.....

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Hmmm... once supastar was installed, it didn't show up in my screensaver preferances panal. I saw that the extension was .qtz What exactly is that? Does that mean it uses Quartz Extreme? If it does, neither of my displays support it.....

In that case, no. Sorry.Supastar will download it, just leave the prefpane on supastar for an hour or two. worked for me.

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
In that case, no. Sorry.Supastar will download it, just leave the prefpane on supastar for an hour or two. worked for me.

What exactly do you mean "just leave the prefpane on supastar for an hour or two"? What I'm saying is that it doesn't even show up in the prefpane... I put it in the folder with all of my other savers and it just doesn't show up in the prefpane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.