Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philase30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I need help to migrate a website to a new host. The site is django/python with psycopg database.

I have a new host set up (webfaction) who supports all of the services I need. I just don't have the experience to get the site up. The developer sent me all of the python, django, database and static files that are needed. The only actual changes to the python scripts I see needing are changing the mail servers for the forms so they work with webfaction's email server or Google aps gmail if I decide to go with them. I think I know how to do this.

So, what I need is a guide to get this set up or someone who knows what they are doing to do it for me. I would be willing to pay to have someone knowledgeable do it for me.

Please let me know if you can help me do it myself (if it is easier than it looks) or if you can do it for me.

Thanks

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
All these items should be in a document supplied by your new hosting service. If not ask for them because it's standard procedure. Check your emails first, they usually have the info or link to info in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.