PDA

View Full Version : Is the MBA right for me? My first MAC.

samkhazary
Feb 6, 2008, 10:28 PM
I've been a PC user my entire life. My last laptop was a Dell XPSm1210 which I sold on ebay and now have purchased a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air (never even used a Mac before this, these forums have been a great help!)

I'm not into video editing, graphic design, or anything like that at all. Occasionally I'll fiddle with Photoshop but nothing crazy. I do some HTML editing, but that also simple and I write raw code so don't really need any crazy apps.

The one thing I do need to be able to do is run enormous excel spreadsheets, macros, VBA, Solver, etc... Being that corporate america is stuck in a Windows world I'm thinking the easiest thing to to do is install XP to primarily use Office and remote into my work computer.

My question is can the MBA handle intensive excel calculations? modeling and large VBA scripts? and what would be the best setup for XP?

Or should I go with a MBP?

Any sort of feedback and input would be appreciated... just keep in mind I've had a Mac for about a week so if you could make your replies detailed it would be nice...

PS: I'm attached to my computer, its always traveling with me...