Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Just wanted some clarification from you guys first on this issue: After months of deliberation, I finally got my AppleTV, and after about of week of fooling around with it, I finally got my network settings OK for me to stream some of my HD .mkv encodes. Now, I only converted two movies just to test out, as I am anxiously awaiting Take2 to see what it offers, mainly with the sound part of it (5.1). Now, do you guys think that if I have about 600gb of HD content that I need to convert for my AppleTV, should I might as well just wait for the new version of VisualHub to come out (hoping and praying it comes out timely and quicky...) and then encode all my stuff to ensure that I am getting the most out of it that I can, mainly because this is a process that I want to do once and only once, haha. Thanks guys, any input is appreciated as usual

mrrory

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2005
United Kingdom of America
I would say "yes" wait. It's a hard thing to do, and I couldn't do it myself, but then again you don't want to have encoded to a lesser format, only for Take2 to come out and support higher resolutions...

I feel there's going to be a whole lot of re-ripping in my future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.