Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pinky1974

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
I recently bought a MacBk Pro w/ the Final Cut Express program. I have a panasonic camcorder model pv-gs31. My mac does not recongize it. I have tried two different fire wire cable (4 to 6 pin) and does not recognize it. The camera works on my kids PC (Windows). Any suggestions?

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I recently bought a MacBk Pro w/ the Final Cut Express program. I have a panasonic camcorder model pv-gs31. My mac does not recongize it. I have tried two different fire wire cable (4 to 6 pin) and does not recognize it. The camera works on my kids PC (Windows). Any suggestions?

Which model Panasonic is it? How are you trying to import footage. Which version of FCE are you using?

pinky1974

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
My mac not recongnizing my panasonic

Which model Panasonic is it? How are you trying to import footage. Which version of FCE are you using?

I have the panasonic sd model pv-gs31 mini dv. im trying to import home videos into final cut express and transfer information/videos to a western digital 1TB hard drive.

strieck

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2006
Yakima, WA
I'm convinced that there is a major issue with Intel Macs and Panasonic camcorders. Just last week I started a thread about my Mac Pro not recognizing my PV-GS200, and I received no intelligent replies. The camera works fine with my G4 PowerBook, but not with my Mac Pro. I've done some searching and found many references to similar issues, but there don't seem to be any solutions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.