Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icjon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
I ordered my MBA (1.8 Ghz, 64 GB SSD) on Jan. 16. Up until today, the ship-by date had been listed as Feb. 7. This morning I checked the order status to verify that it had shipped and I was shocked to find the the ship-by date had been changed to March 3. Ouch!!!

Have others had a similar experience? If so, this could be indicitive of some sort of problem that has caused Apple to suspend shipping.

ZACINCCEO

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2001
I canceled my order today after shipping delays (thru macmall) associated with the tornado's in tennessee.... apparently an entire room of MBA are sitting in the dark for over 2 days now...... hope they don't float away lol....

I went into the local apple store near me today, and bought one on the spot.... no lines, no waiting :)

Couldn't be happier......

-Zac

jjchando

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
I ordered my 1.6 SSD on Jan 21 and the original shipping date was February 19. Much to my surprise it arrived yesterday!

I guess Apple can be like that both ways with their shipping dates of new things, i'm sorry for your loss :(

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
I ordered my 1.6 SSD on Jan 21 and the original shipping date was February 19. Much to my surprise it arrived yesterday!

I guess Apple can be like that both ways with their shipping dates of new things, i'm sorry for your loss :(

So did your laptop just show up, no warning, no PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT or anything?

jjchando

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
So did your laptop just show up, no warning, no PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT or anything?

There was a prepared for shippment but that was literally up for only half a day, and the next day it shipped. It was very surprising to see it shipped two weeks before the scheduled date.

icjon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Happy Ending

One day after my ship-by date was changed from Feb. 7 to March 3, the order status changed to "Shipped". Looks like my MBA will arrive today or tomorrow. Moral of the story: Don't put too much stock in what the Order Status says prior to actual shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.