Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProPedderKustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
So I don't have my original MBA Leopard discs with me at the moment but I want to go ahead and install Windows XP. I have my girlfriend's OS X Leopard discs that she bought from the Apple store. I just want to know if it will be okay to use HER Leopard discs instead of the ones that came with my MBA to install Windows XP. Can I do this without creating any problems?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Should be, as the Windows drivers are generic, and the MBA doesn't have anything special, except for the trackpad (but you can't use it in Windows anyway).

TEG

ProPedderKustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Well I tried this and it does not seem to work. Windows XP installed flawlessly but everytime I try to install the Boot Camp drivers from my external CD drive [same one I just installed Windows with], the computer restarted during the installation and freezes when the computer starts back up. I have Windows XP Home installed on a 5GB partition [I just need Windows and no other storage]. Any ideas??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.