PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else's Copy of Panther not shipped.

harrijh
Oct 23, 2003, 07:06 PM
Am I the only person out here in the US that hasn't received shipping confirmation yet.

woodsey
Oct 23, 2003, 07:11 PM
Well I'm not in the US, but i havent got shipping conformation via email yet.

My order status has changed from 'open' to 'shipped' though.

And, I cant seem to find tracking info for it on the FedEx website.

snofseth
Oct 23, 2003, 07:21 PM
Mine also hasn't shiped I'm in the us i hope I get it 2marro especial cuz 2marro is my birthday and I want a good present

Phatpat
Oct 23, 2003, 07:28 PM
Mine left the sort facility in TN this afternoon. Expected delivery is 4:30.

starcrossed
Oct 23, 2003, 07:32 PM
:( Why hasn't my order changed from "Open" to "Shipped" yet, and its already 7pm CT. I noticed the shipping method had been bumped to overnight the other day, so I thought for sure when I got home today I would see that it was sent today, to be delivered just in time tomorrow. Not even my credit card has been charged yet. Hopefully its just a flaw or something and Panther will arrive at my door tomorrow afternoon. Anyone else in the same boat as I am, just 24 hours before Panther will be officially released? I don't want to wait an extra couple of days, while hearing everyone talk about how amazing it is.

Panther Blue
Oct 23, 2003, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I'm in your boat, and it's sinking rapidly. I ordered on Wednesday afternoon and was guaranteed that evening delivery on Friday. But I'm still "open" as of 9:40 p.m. ET.

I called Apple at about 3 and they said to call back at 9:00 or so if it hadn't shipped.

So I dial 1-800-676-2665

Your estimated wait time is "forty-three minutes" *tosses ores*

Yeah, I'm still holding, but when I find out the story, I'll be sure to clue you in.

Panther Blue
Oct 23, 2003, 08:56 PM
I talked to a very nice Apple rep, who explained to me that all of our "open" orders are on a conveyer belt in Sacramento, and they WILL be delivered (within the US) tomorrow evening as promised. They should all start showing as shipped within a few hours. I'M SOO EXCITED! My Dad and are going to battle who gets to put it on their computer first. Erm, I mean, we bought a multi-family liscence, yeah... that's it... mhm. LOL!

Mason
Oct 23, 2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Panther Blue
I talked to a very nice Apple rep, who explained to me that all of our "open" orders are on a conveyer belt in Sacramento, and they WILL be delivered (within the US) tomorrow evening as promised. They should all start showing as shipped within a few hours. I'M SOO EXCITED! My Dad and are going to battle who gets to put it on their computer first. Erm, I mean, we bought a multi-family liscence, yeah... that's it... mhm. LOL!

Glad to hear that. I just checked my status and it said open - I was beginning to lose hope that it would arrive tomorrow.

snofseth
Oct 23, 2003, 09:05 PM
Mine Finally Shipped Yay! Looks like a happy birthday for me and on the order status of fedex it said it would arrive b4 three. It better be there when I get home from school in that case

Panther Blue
Oct 23, 2003, 09:10 PM
I'm still open, but I'm going to check a few more times before I go to bed, and then in the morning. If it hasn't shipped in the morning, well... I'll be angry.

starcrossed
Oct 23, 2003, 09:19 PM
:D Thanks PantherBlue for the wonderful info!!! Just hope that this is absolutly true for my order as well, but it sounds like it pertains to all orders that have the Oct 24 estimated date like mine. I'll probably keep checking a few more times tonight and possibly the morning to confirm this, so I can happily expect Panther when I get home tomorrow evening, and not go all day in wonder. Sweet!!:cool:

Panther Blue
Oct 23, 2003, 09:23 PM
Only thing that's puzzling me is this:

WHAT THE HELL-O POSSESSED THEM TO WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE...

and why did some people get it like three days ago? grrr....

FlyersFan77
Oct 23, 2003, 09:41 PM
It's 10:40 PM EST and my order is still "Open". I hope they get it out soon. I was really looking forward to installing it tomorrow.

Panther Blue
Oct 23, 2003, 09:44 PM
By looking at your username, i think you probably live in the same area as I do, so maybe ours are in the same place....

dukemeiser
Oct 23, 2003, 09:56 PM
Apple always tries to make sure it's all nice and fair, so we all will get our copies of Panther the same time everyone else does, even if we preordered it two weeks in advance.

jaw04005
Oct 23, 2003, 09:57 PM
My Panther Order was changed to Overnite Shipping, two days ago. However, today they changed it back to Fedex Ground (and its shipping from CA), estimated Delivery the 29th. I hope this don't happen to you. :( *pissed*

I live in AR, they should have shipped it from their TN facility (like the previous post above) then I would gotten it tommorow with ground delivery. GRR.

Panther Blue
Oct 23, 2003, 10:11 PM
Sorry to keep posting, but this STILL says open, I mean they have like.... 18 hours to get it from Sac to here... geez.

hughdogg
Oct 23, 2003, 10:20 PM
Got the shipping confirmation with a FED EX tracking number, I live on the East Coast...now I need to remember to leave the FED EX guy a note saying I accept delivery..

Good Luck to all,
hughdogg

dukemeiser
Oct 23, 2003, 10:22 PM
I chose the free ground shipping for my copy, and now it says "Standard Overnight." But it's still open and set to ship "On or before 10/24/03"

Phil Of Mac
Oct 23, 2003, 10:37 PM
Mine shipped this morning (the second of the two copies I bought, the first shipped earlier). Looks like Apple's doing overnight shipments to ensure PM 10/24 deliveries :D

Golem
Oct 23, 2003, 10:44 PM
Mine still says open with road shipping which is 5-7 days.:(

But strangely enough a courier was at the front door this morning at 8:10 and while I missed him because I was in shower I have nothing else due to be delived I can think off. Front door is cammed and recorded on a pc.
:rolleyes:

Panther Blue
Oct 24, 2003, 06:08 AM
It shipped at 11:25 p.m. PACIFIC time last night, and it says expected delivery is the 30th. SOBS!

Lancetx
Oct 24, 2003, 03:56 PM
Well, my complaint is with FedEx, not Apple. Mine shipped out all right, but FedEx refused to deliver it this afternoon since I wasn't at home (some people actually have to work during weekdays in case you didn't know it FedEx! :eek: ) even though I left a signed note asking them to leave it at the apt. office. UPS never has a problem with doing this as they've left several deliveries for me there in the past, but apparently FedEx does. I'll avoid using FedEx at all cost in the future, they absolutely suck.

Cookiebread
Oct 24, 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Phatpat
Mine left the sort facility in TN this afternoon. Expected delivery is 4:30.

Mine left TN at 12:39 this afternoon as well. Delivery time is before 4:30pm today they say... That time has passed, and now I'm pissed. I called FedEx and they said my package has been delayed... so I'm assuming yours has been too.

OziMac
Oct 24, 2003, 04:48 PM
Lucky you guys. I ordered my Up-to-Date on Tuesday evening and my order is still "Open". 3pm / 4:30pm / 5:30pm have all passed and no news. I even saw a Fed Ex truck drive by the next street and got all excited, but for nought since it didn't come here. Not happy, Jan.

Night of Panther may not be as much fun as I'd hoped. At least we'll get to see it in action at the White Plains Apple Store.

Gymnut
Oct 24, 2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Panther Blue
It shipped at 11:25 p.m. PACIFIC time last night, and it says expected delivery is the 30th. SOBS!

The 30th?? Is it being delivered Pigeon Express?

Panther Blue
Oct 24, 2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Gymnut
The 30th?? Is it being delivered Pigeon Express?

More like Errol from Harry Potter, FRIGGIN APPLE BASTARDS HAVE SCREWED ME AGAIN... up to date doesn't get the friday delivery. *******S.

OziMac
Oct 24, 2003, 05:41 PM
You are so right. Here is the email I just got:

--------------------------

Dear Apple Customer,

___ We appreciate your recent purchase from the Apple Store._ Following
___ is an update regarding the status of your order xxxxxx.

___ Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following
___ item(s) as follows:

_____ M9231LL/A, MAC OS X PANTHER 10.3 FULFIL/UTD-USA
_____ will now ship on or before 10/29/2003

___ We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

___ A shipment notification, with tracking information, will be emailed to
___ you as soon as your order is shipped. You may check the status of your
___ order any time by visiting our online order status website at
http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

___ If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it
___ is shipped. If you choose to cancel your order, Apple will issue a
___ prompt refund.

___ We are happy to answer questions or provide further status regarding
___ your order. You may reach us by calling 1-800-676-2775 ext-56500,
___ Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am-6pm (Central Time).

___ If we do not hear from you, we will continue processing your order.

___ We appreciate your business and your patience. Thank you for shopping
___ at the Apple Store!

--------------------------

If this weren't a moderated forum, I would have some choice words to say about this. To think that we went out and BOUGHT one of their computers with promised updates (which we had to pay for!) scheduled, I find this so offensive. It sucks majorly for me because I am leaving the country on 11/1, so they have two days to get it to me or else it's absolutely useless.

Grr. Go figure though, they've got us by the proverbials.

Panther Blue
Oct 24, 2003, 06:37 PM
This blows, literally. I gave apple of a piece of my mind, filed a formal complaint, and they said they "don't compenste for their mistakes... sorry" I mean, we've [my family] been customers since 1986, that's approaching twenty years. I'm sickened and appalled by their lack of respect for customers. BASTARDS.

Makosuke
Oct 24, 2003, 07:21 PM
People sure get worked up over a couple extra days on a piece of software.

I'm one of the folks who went out and spent $3500 for a loaded G5 that shipped about a week ago, which didn't ship with Panther and my up to date order has been delayed, too.

It's a bummer, to be sure (particularly since I'm waiting to transfer all my files to the G5 until I've got Panther to install so I don't have to go through the hassle twice--my aluminum block is just sitting there).

That said, I'm not about to go out and hang myself or pledge my allegance to Dell because Apple didn't manage to get my order on a FedEx truck two days ago. They got the OS done in a reasonable timeframe and it'll be here soon enough.

Fortunately, I'll also be buying a copy for work from my University bookstore on Monday (they didn't get their copies on Friday, either), so I'll be able to install it even if FedEx takes their time. (Those of you near an Apple store, consider yourselves lucky--I live 300 miles from the nearest one.)

Sun Baked
Oct 24, 2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Makosuke
...That said, I'm not about to go out and hang myself or pledge my allegance to Dell because Apple didn't manage to get my order on a FedEx truck two days ago. They got the OS done in a reasonable timeframe and it'll be here soon enough... I'll swap you the computer for a rope... :p

It'll probably be less painful than owning a Dell.

Panther Blue
Oct 24, 2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
I'll swap you the computer for a rope... :p

It'll probably be less painful than owning a Dell.

On the point... I am sooooooooo fed up with Apple. i am really really really mad. This is the second time they f*cked me in a year, look at my tracking info as of now.

BASTARDS!

Okay:

Oct 24, 2003
1:16 pm
Departed FedEx sort facility_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

5:09 am
Scanned at FedEx sort facility_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

4:03 am
Scanned at FedEx origin location_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

Oct 23, 2003
11:25 pm
Package information transmitted to FedEx_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

_
12:00 am
Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

I have a sudden hatred for Sacramento.

OziMac
Oct 25, 2003, 12:07 AM
Dude, at least you HAVE tracking info. My order was at the same time or before yours, and I am still on open! In NY for crying out loud! Hmmm... as Ed Vedder would say, the waiting drove me mad! ;)

bankshot
Oct 25, 2003, 01:02 AM
I ordered 2 up-to-date copies for a couple of work machines on Wednesday, so I didn't expect them to ship yet. Latest info says shipping on Monday. That's fine by me.

My wife ordered our educational discounted copies for the home machines on Sunday. Not sure when the shipping notice came (her email) but it was set for today. Her mom was staying with us this week, which was great because then she'd be able to take delivery from the FedEx guy, right? WRONG! She decided to be helpful and took out the trash just before they showed up. Came back to find a little note because !@##%ing FedEx won't leave a package at the door or with the apartment manager. DOH! :eek:

Thankfully FedEx says we can pick it up tomorrow at the distribution center rather than waiting for delivery on Monday. Whew! :cool:

Actually this turned out to be good because some urgent stuff came up with work and I spent the whole evening looking at data with the PowerBook. Delaying it even an hour or 2 for the install would have been bad...

iEric
Oct 25, 2003, 01:38 AM
Don't some of you live near the stores?? Why not just pick up a copy there?

woodsey
Oct 25, 2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by iEric

Maybe thats what Apple wants me to do, and maybe thats why they didn't deliver panther when they promised to. But going out and purchasing a coppy would be giving in, and apple would win with their dirty tactics!

Giaguara
Oct 25, 2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by iEric

i can get the 19,95 $ upgrade. they dont sell those in stores, only online. 19,95 $ is a bit less than 129 $.

OziMac
Oct 25, 2003, 11:07 AM
What Giaguara said.

Panther Blue
Oct 25, 2003, 11:09 AM
What Ozimac said. IT'S JUST SITTING AT THE SAME THING FOR THE LAST TWENTY HOURS... I mean, it says "left sac" (oops that didn't sound right) but it's not telling me wher eit WENT,.