PDA

View Full Version : I smell another Apple lawsuit!

stoid
Oct 23, 2003, 07:29 PM
I noticed today that the Xerox X and the Mac OS X are exceedingly similar...

Do you think that Xerox will sue Apple?

Oh, wait, if Xerox wanted to sue Apple over something they would have had already done that back in the 80s.

applemacdude
Oct 23, 2003, 07:39 PM
I think all X's look the same......

mac15
Oct 23, 2003, 07:51 PM
kinda funny thats 2 things apple stole of them :)

topicolo
Oct 23, 2003, 07:59 PM
They can probably also sue apple for the gratuitous usage of the color white

manitoubalck
Oct 23, 2003, 08:28 PM
If it hasn't happend yet it wont happen. OS X has been out 3 years or so any legal action would have taken place back then

rainman::|:|
Oct 23, 2003, 08:37 PM
mmm... i think they look the same because they're both the letter "X". it's one of the quirky things about english, all the letters look like themselves.

:rolleyes: :)

pnw

primalman
Oct 23, 2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mac15

Apple did not steal from PARC, they developed an agreement, but I do not know if there was any money exchanged.

stoid
Oct 23, 2003, 11:40 PM
Holy gee willikers Batman!!!

They're both Xes???

I couldn't ****ing tell!!

Thanks for the observation all!

I was pointing out that both companies have a logo that IS an X. Even though there are obvious differences, there are also some interesting similarities, and that was what I was pointing out. *insert comment about people not looking past their noses*

</rant>

Anyway, never mind then, just.... just.... forget I ever brought it up.

(goes and cries in the corner longing for "the precious" (Panther) because "nasty Hobbits hurts us")

G5orbust
Oct 24, 2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by mac15

that would be 3 things apple "borrowed", C-man. GUI, Mouse and this, though this pretty much has nothing to do with anything, so I guess the counter stays at two.

Phil Of Mac
Oct 24, 2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by primalman
Apple did not steal from PARC, they developed an agreement, but I do not know if there was any money exchanged.

I believe Xerox invested in Apple.

mmmdreg
Oct 24, 2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by manitoubalck
what is it with Americans and Law suits

Lol that's so true. I love the whole thing about suing people because you tripped over a hole in the road :D But then again, it's rubbing off on Australia a tad too :( that can't be good.

dieselg4
Oct 24, 2003, 07:43 AM
How many people can xerox sue? how about apple os X, microsoft X-box, maybe the producers of the X games . . . maybe X-ray machines, the X men. . . lunacy!

caveman_uk
Oct 24, 2003, 08:02 AM
...and don't forget to sue the guy that came up with 'X marks the spot' either.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's an X - by definition it looks like any other X! If it's doesn't it's something else!

stoid
Oct 24, 2003, 09:18 AM
Okay, like I was not terribly sober last night when I had this "amazing" revelation, and at the time, it seemed like a genius idea to me.

arn, or some other mod.... can you just wasteland this thing, kill it, it needs to die.

ArchiStudentG5
Oct 24, 2003, 05:11 PM
I think it's Xerox's fault for having a stupidly spelled name... :p :D

Col127
Oct 24, 2003, 05:30 PM
there's no way xerox could sue apple for that x.

the apple x is much different from xerox's x. the fact that the serif is curved (aka a transitional serif) makes it completely different from xerox (the serif is flat, known as a modern serif).

there's a bunch of other differences if you take the time to look at the two characters.

Sun Baked
Oct 24, 2003, 05:34 PM
Xerox and Crapper both failed to protect their names.

And I'd feel much better at the end of the day if Xerox was stamped on the porcelain, though Microsoft would be better.

G5orbust
Oct 24, 2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by mmmdreg
Lol that's so true. I love the whole thing about suing people because you tripped over a hole in the road :D But then again, it's rubbing off on Australia a tad too :( that can't be good.

Dont forget the millions of dollars paid to people who got fat from eating food at McDonalds. They blame Mcdonalds for making them fat because the food is "uncharatceristically unhealthy" and "addictively good no one can help but scarf down 4 big macs at one time".

Final note: Kill this thread.

Sun Baked
Oct 24, 2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by G5orbust
Dont forget the millions of dollars paid to people who got fat from eating food at McDonalds. They blame Mcdonalds for making them fat because the food is "uncharatceristically unhealthy" and "addictively good no one can help but scarf down 4 big macs at one time".

Final note: Kill this thread. There is a way to lose those pounds...

Phil Of Mac
Oct 24, 2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by G5orbust

That's totally untrue. They sued, but the suit was thrown out, rightly, for being frivolous.

Get your facts straight or you'll start an urban legend.

MIADolFan
Oct 24, 2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by mmmdreg

People don't want to be responsible for their own actions anymore. If a someone goes on a killing spree or is your basic klutz. Its never their own fault. Someone made them do it.

People need to accept some self responsibility. If i bust my rear walking down the road..its my fault..not the city's. Welcome to the planet earth... it has no safety features.

Sorry..one more thing. I hate when they put down a tiger or an alligator for biting someone. Its a wild animal, the animal did what its supposed to do. Try to eat us.