PDA

View Full Version : ADC Panther for free

eVolcre
Oct 23, 2003, 08:51 PM
I just got an ADC email. All ADC members receive the full retail version for free. Suhweet. I have a student ADC membership I purchased for $99. I wasn't planning on picking up Panther for a while but it looks like I'll be upgrading soon.

Cheers - eV

quicksilver116
Oct 23, 2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah, just got that email myself. Wish I had not shelled out the $20 for the up-to-date version. It's going to be arriveing tomorrow. Would have been nice if they told student ADC members this a little earlier than the day before it is released.

eVolcre
Oct 23, 2003, 09:05 PM
Right. I had no idea this was coming. WOuld have been ticked if I had pre-ordered a copy.

el_aarono
Oct 23, 2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by quicksilver116
Yeah, just got that email myself. Wish I had not shelled out the $20 for the up-to-date version. It's going to be arriveing tomorrow. Would have been nice if they told student ADC members this a little earlier than the day before it is released.

I am a student developer too. There was actually a thread in the Software discussion area about ADC's getting Panther for free. I wasn't sure so I emailed the ADC and they verified that was the case. I wish we could have gotten the word out sooner. Too late now, I suppose....

Later

jaw04005
Oct 23, 2003, 10:02 PM
I don't think the ADC versions have "Not for Resale" on them, so you could potentially *sell* that copy you get and make $70-80 bucks off of it :)

candan9019
Oct 23, 2003, 10:35 PM
I said this on another thread. The Student ADC site has a pdf of all the benifits. I guess nobody looked at it; I didn't for awhile. There are probably a few people who ordered without knowing. Apple should have notified everyone a while ago regardless. More money for them though.