Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danibell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Hi, I've been doing web sites with tables in FP for 8 years and am finally and painfully switching to Dreamweaver using their CSS templates. I created this page: http://www.fsbmedia.com/hh_web/template.html which works in latest versions of Firefix, Safari, Opera and IE7. Of course there is an issue in IE6 AND 5.5. At least these are the only browsers I checked or really need to worry about. In IE6 above my text header "Spring Hardcovers" there is a lot of extra space. In the Dreamweaver template, this is right above the mainContent div. I read about the comments causing a similar issue and tried removing them, but that did not work. Can anyone help??

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Well you seem to have a lot of absolutely positioned items, and them some relatively positioned items mixed in. The search items in the header are inside a paragraph tag, which still has its padding and margin attributes. The search area is also positioned relatively among a ton of absolutely positioned items.

One thing to look into, on the CSS selector .thrColAbsHdr #header if you disable the height property you get a similar effect in Firefox that you're currently getting in IE.

Personally I'd ditch the absolute stuff and use relative. There's nothing there that can't be done with relative positioning.

danibell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Thank you! Thank you! It was all the crap I had involving the search stuff. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.