Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappySwitcher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Has anyone figured out how to play downloaded replays for command and conquer 3 on the mac>? Mac version not Bootcamp

It says to put the replays into a certain folder but I can't find where the CNC3 installation files/folders are on my mac.

I am new to macs but I can't find any files associated with the game through finder or by working through the folders (library, documents...) myself.

thanks

Mart

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
Right Click on the CnC3 application in Mac OS X, you should see an option that says Show Package Contents. You should then be able to find the corresponding folder you are looking for within there.

HappySwitcher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Thanks a lot guys,

So why doesn't finder/spotlight find this folder?

and is there a way to change how extensive spotlights search is?

thanks

mart

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Thanks a lot guys,

So why doesn't finder/spotlight find this folder?

and is there a way to change how extensive spotlights search is?

thanks

mart

For some reason Spotlight only searches your library folder when you first go into it, then search for something and then select the "library" button on the Finder window.
I don't know why it doesn't search the library and it annoys the hell out of me too.
If anyone knows how to change this I'd like to know too.

casw1000

macrumors member
May 6, 2005
Guys just another question re C&C 3. I should be getting my new MP2.8 today, I am a big C&C fan and have tiberium on the PC. Does anyone know if it is any better on OSX.

Obviously under windows it will be using dx9 and wondering if its openGL under OSX and if so, does it look any better.

May sound a strange question, but I would rather play native under OSX on my 8800GT if its going to look better than my windows version.

Thanks much,
-casw1000
fold4life.com

casw1000

macrumors member
May 6, 2005
Maybe if I could find a MAC demo of this game. I dont want to spend the money on the mac version to find graphically its no different to Windoz.

Can anybody link to the mac demo please. I have been searching Google, been to EA forums, just having a mare trying to find it.

TIA.
-casw1000
fold4life.com

casw1000

macrumors member
May 6, 2005
It is a Cider port so it looks the same but plays a whole lot slower. Sorry to disappoint.

Thank you anyway. I thought it might have been using openGL and potentially look better. Either way, even going to the EA forums there was nothing.

I would have have this news and run under bootcamp / vista than buy the mac version and be very dissapointed.

I am greatful.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
It's no slouch on my 2.16Ghz C2D MBP. And there is no noticeable difference (I'm talking game play) than when using the BC/Windows version instead of the Cider Mac version.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
It's no slouch on my 2.16Ghz C2D MBP. And there is no noticeable difference (I'm talking game play) than when using the BC/Windows version instead of the Cider Mac version.

Hmm, maybe on small maps in single player, but on big maps with more players I still experience significant slowdowns (though far from unplayable) on my 2.16Ghz C2D MBP.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Hmm, maybe on small maps in single player, but on big maps with more players I still experience significant slowdowns (though far from unplayable) on my 2.16Ghz C2D MBP.

i've had biggest map with five other players on a LAN and it's been teh fine. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.