PDA

View Full Version : Safari rendering issue in MBA

chelseasian
Feb 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hi!

I noticed this problem while surfing the web using Safari with my MBA. It seems that certain sites appear to have text rendering issues. i.e at Youtube.com or Google search results, I have text overlapping on top of one another on some sentences.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a work around?

cedar
Feb 9, 2008, 07:56 PM
Hi!

I noticed this problem while surfing the web using Safari with my MBA. It seems that certain sites appear to have text rendering issues. i.e at Youtube.com or Google search results, I have text overlapping on top of one another on some sentences.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a work around?

Yes I have observed that. I believe it occurs when I do the finger pinch to enlarge the print text.

cohibadad
Feb 9, 2008, 07:57 PM
I just checked both those sites and see no problems. I have the latest Safari seed though and don't remember seeing any problems before I installed it.

xraydoc
Feb 9, 2008, 08:30 PM
Let me guess - you've installed either Microsoft Office 2004 or Office 2008, right?

Its an issue with duplicate fonts. Use Font Book to disable any duplicates (Resolve Duplicates) and relaunch Safari. That should fix it.

akakillroy
Feb 12, 2008, 05:51 PM
That fixed me, thanks! Strange issue LOL

davidwarren
Apr 23, 2008, 02:54 PM
ha. Glad I searched! Just installed office 2008 today and safari was going crazy.

evan1138
May 23, 2008, 12:23 PM
I have a new MBP and it has a symptom like the one you describe. If I scroll up and down some of the bad (duplicate / vertically overlapped ) lines clear up, while others that were ok become bad.

Did you ever get a resolution? I tried the Font Book / Edit / Resolve Duplicates sequence but this didn't seem to do anything.

When I bought this MBP I cloned my old MB to it; the MB did not have this symptom, and it appears to even affect graphic areas.

Any help?