PDA

View Full Version : Well, well...arn gave in to the pressure

Rower_CPU
Apr 28, 2002, 07:53 PM
It will definitely be interesting to see how this section of the forums goes...

So gamers out there...let's get the discussion going!

mymemory
Apr 28, 2002, 08:06 PM
Mmmmmm... I do not play games with my Mac.

Rower_CPU
Apr 28, 2002, 08:10 PM
I think that most people would agree with you mymemory, but there were a few loud voices requesting this section...

Durandal7
Apr 28, 2002, 08:45 PM
I didn't even know that there was pressure on arn. But hey, as long as the forum is here....

jelloshotsrule
Apr 28, 2002, 09:03 PM
well i'm not a traditional gamer in that i don't use the internet games or anything like that...

but some games i enjoy are:

civ 3.
giants...
myth

the marathon games were great.

and i'm looking forward to links 2002... it keeps getting pushed back. but to be able to play a top notch golf game on os x would be sweet. i actually bought tiger woods golf for pc and have played it a couple times on my roomie's and girlfriend's computer... hasn't been worth it... oh well.

MacAztec
Apr 28, 2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
the marathon games were great.

Oh yes...Marathon Infinity. We had about 5 computers (macs) linked in my house, and just about every weekend, we would have a tournament.

Of course...I always came out on top.....always

I played that one level where you can run into the transporter, and it will beam you up to the top of a building. And...there was a flamethrower in a secret door.

It had some spanish name, but I cant think of it...:confused:

jelloshotsrule
Apr 28, 2002, 10:18 PM
there are some marathone aspects in halo, which i enjoy reminiscing about when i play it...

i think marathon was always so far above and beyond the rest of the games... doom, etc... good stuff.

Baseline
Apr 28, 2002, 11:17 PM
...that are planned for release this summer are Warcraft III and Neverwinter Nights. Both are eagerly anticipated in the PC gaming community, and even better, they'll come with Mac and PC versions on the same discs! Simultaneous release!

Here's hoping that Apple releases a powerfully upgraded TiBook in time, so I'll have a machine to play them on (I haven't seen any minimum requirements for Mac, but suggested PC systems seem to be in the 1Ghz with at least a 32meg vid card range)

jelloshotsrule
Apr 28, 2002, 11:24 PM
what's neverwinter nights? what type of game...?

sounds good though that they're coming on the same discs... seems convenient for people who have both at home... mac and pc that is.

Rower_CPU
Apr 28, 2002, 11:29 PM
Neverwinter Nights is a DoD based game. Graphics that I've seen look great.

mc68k
Apr 29, 2002, 12:33 AM
*Double Take* Wow a new gaming area! This should be interesting!

I don't really game with my Mac. I belive that's what consoles are for, because that's all they do, and they do it darn well.

My favorite Mac games:
Tetris (pure 1988 Tetris, not cheap variants)
Minesweeper
GT2 on VGS

Interesting forum subtitle though, wonder what will become of it? There's so few gamers on the Mac side, that PC's will be brought into most every discussion for sure.

I hardly ever game on my Mac anymore, that's why I have my IIgs.

jelloshotsrule
Apr 29, 2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Neverwinter Nights is a DoD based game. Graphics that I've seen look great.

sorry to be dumb but.... DoD?

department of defense?

i'm gonna look around to see some graphics...

Rower_CPU
Apr 29, 2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
sorry to be dumb but.... DoD?

department of defense?

i'm gonna look around to see some graphics...

Doh! That should be DnD...dungeons and dragons...I should pay attention to what I'm writing...:p

jelloshotsrule
Apr 29, 2002, 12:43 AM
just checked it out... it looks pretty sweet. will definitely be interested to see how it plays...

some of the outdoor parts seem really sweet graphically..

jelloshotsrule
Apr 29, 2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

Doh! That should be DnD...dungeons and dragons...I should pay attention to what I'm writing...:p

haha. that's what i thought of first but then i thought "dungeons and dragons... where's the "o" come from????" ha..

department of defense would have been funnier though. ha

Baseline
Apr 29, 2002, 01:22 AM
If it helps, it's done by the same people that have done the FANTASTIC Baldur's Gate series.

Nice preview of it here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/357/357878p1.html

krossfyter
Apr 29, 2002, 02:03 AM
Hey cool. I didnt notice this. This is great.

Durandal7
Apr 29, 2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec
I played that one level where you can run into the transporter, and it will beam you up to the top of a building. And...there was a flamethrower in a secret door.

It had some spanish name, but I cant think of it...:confused:

La Cosa Nostra

CHess
Apr 29, 2002, 07:36 PM
This is cool! I never really considered myself a gamer (at least not on the computer), but I DO have Baldurs Gate, Alice and Red Faction. Also just broke down recently and bought Civilization III, and to be different, 4x4evo2. Didn't think I'd be all that into the latter, but it is a blast. Interesting how the game takes advantage of the G4 on my laptop and generates details I don't get on my 600Mhz iMac.

Also have TacOps 3.0, if you like modern battlefield simulations.