Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
hello everyone, my title may not be clear. But I plan on getting a domain name and having it hosted.

I use to have a domain name hosted by a reputable company (I don't recall the name of the company) but the problem was all of my emails were being blocked. All of my emails either bounced back or ended up in the junk folders in yahoo, hotmail, gmail of the people I emailed.

Now somebody explained to me that the hosting company allowed their customers to send junk mail, so anybody who was hosted by them got there emails blocked.

Now all I need is a web hosting company where my emails actually get through without any issue. This will be for my company and I plan to move from using my .mac to a more professional email address for when I contact my clients, so it's important my emails make it.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Not only can I recommend A Small Orange from personal experience, but they're also one of the most commonly recommended hosts on this forum.

ASO are good peeps. Their plans aren't super competitive as far as disk space and bandwidth goes, but they claim to not oversell...which would be the reason for both of these.

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I just started with Geekstorage.com, the setup was fast and they were quick to respond to a question. I liked the fact that you can host multiple domains with the same account. Not all of them let you do that.

As far as I can see, none my emails are going into spam filters. Of course I just started with them yesterday.

YMMV

quixotic

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I use Virtual Private Servers on both KnownHost and MediaTemple and they've been really good for me. Their true worth is in their customer support. Both of them are fast to respond, KnownHost sometimes in minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.