PDA

View Full Version : Panther & Entourage problems?

blacktea
Oct 24, 2003, 08:20 AM
i'm running panther and entourage 10.1.4 - frequently, i discover the "error -192" appearing. it seems to happen after entourage has been checking the accounts for mails. after the message appears, the GUI get's buggy: messages in the inbox dissapear and trying to klick onto the calendar, notes, adressbook buttons results in the buttons turning into a grey field. only force-quitting helps. after starting it up again, the problem has gone.

anyone else familiar with this issue and is it rather an office than a panther problem?

thanks.

pjtro2
Oct 24, 2003, 09:32 AM
I had to update to 10.1.5... working great.

blacktea
Oct 24, 2003, 11:17 AM
the 10.1.5 update doesn't seem to change anything with entourage. it still says 10.1.4 in the info panel, even after installing the update and rebooting.. and now excel and powerpoint seem to miss a visual basic component. really strange..

pjtro2
Oct 24, 2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by blacktea
the 10.1.5 update doesn't seem to change anything with entourage. it still says 10.1.4 in the info panel, even after installing the update and rebooting.. and now excel and powerpoint seem to miss a visual basic component. really strange..
What do you expect... it's a M$ product... You pay extra for the holes.
I couldn't get hotmail to work on Entourage until I put 10.1.5 on. But you're right, it still shows as 10.1.4.. I just wish the built in Mail program had the same functionality as Entourage (ie rules & hotmail support) or I'd switch in a heart-beat.

timfucius
Dec 5, 2003, 09:07 PM
I'm reporting the same errors (-192) and occasional disappearance of messages. I've also applied the 10.1.5 patch but didn't help.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

TrueType
Dec 18, 2003, 12:54 PM
I have the same problem over here!

Anybody any idea?

Regards,
TrueType

canadaman
Jan 25, 2004, 10:13 AM
I am having the exact same issue. The only advice I have is restart the program and pray that Microsoft addresses the issue.