PDA

View Full Version : Has your Mac Pro w/ 8800 GT been shipped or received?

eyecool
Feb 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
Poll Date: Feb 10, 2008

Has your Mac Pro w/ 8800 GT been shipped or received?
Assumption: You already ordered a MP with 8800GT.

The "mine hasn't shipped yet" threads are dying quickly. It seems like the majority of buyers either have their machine in hand or it's on the way.

Poll up!

bhodgson0739
Feb 10, 2008, 02:13 PM
Nope. Neither.

Brianna
Feb 10, 2008, 02:27 PM
Yes, this mornings email from Apple tells me mine has now shipped. It wont actually ship until tomorrow, because it's sunday, but monday is 10 days sooner than my original ship date given from Apple.

I do know a lot of us have been calling and complaining that Feb orders have been received, and Apple may have started looking at why this is happening. I called Apple about it yesterday, and suddenly today mine is ready to go. I'm so happy right now.

eyecool
Feb 10, 2008, 07:07 PM
Well, I'm glad more people have theirs in hand on on the way now than don't. I may call Apple tonight to see what they say. Last time I called the guy was overseas and offered 2-3 day expedited shipping w/o me asking. He also volunteered that was the most he could do. Since he was overseas, 2-3 day expedited was the best option on his screen. Domestic call centers could do overnight and more...

Banacek
Feb 10, 2008, 08:00 PM
I, as always, am neither for both. I think when I see a different status my mind might go into shock :eek:

ErikAndre
Feb 10, 2008, 08:27 PM
Good idea for a thread, but the poll will be inaccurate as no one can change their poll status once their mac actually is package and ships.

I, as always, am neither for both. I think when I see a different status my mind might go into shock :eek:

I've been following your status, checking to see when your system is packaged and ships. It's really unfortunate you're still waiting (as for everyone else waiting as well). Of course, you'll have to let us know when it does get packaged.

Virgil-TB2
Feb 10, 2008, 08:30 PM
I think "eyecool" is misreading things here. The last thread I posted on was dozens and dozens of people that ordered in January *before* the MacWorld and still haven't seen a ship notice.

Also we are not even half-way through February and most of the ship dates on that thread were March. Seems unrealistic to expect them to ship almost a month early.

eyecool
Feb 10, 2008, 08:33 PM
We'll do a new poll tomorrow afternoon... Hopefully more of us get shipping notification. We can tell how fast they're working at Apple. Wow, No's are growing tonight. Could it really still be 50/50?

ErikAndre
Feb 10, 2008, 08:35 PM
We'll do a new poll tomorrow afternoon... Hopefully more of us get shipping notification. We can tell how fast they're working at Apple. Wow, No's are growing tonight. Could it really still be 50/50?

Honestly, I think if you do a re-poll, you should do it Wednesday/Thursday.

eyecool
Feb 10, 2008, 08:42 PM
The last thread I posted on was dozens and dozens of people that ordered in January *before* the MacWorld and still haven't seen a ship notice.

Those threads have slowed down considerably because a lot of people received a shipping notice or work station since that poll/thread started. Check out the results of that poll: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=430373&page=7

Sure, this one isn't scientific, but it updates the #'s from the previous poll.

eyecool
Feb 11, 2008, 12:28 AM
60% Yes
40% No

at 12:00AM CST

trollking
Feb 11, 2008, 12:49 AM
yah mine may have alrdy shipped had apple bothered to get off their butts and told me that the were having problems processing my credit card. Oh no i have to discover it myself by checking order status. Thanks a ton apple.

mackpro
Feb 11, 2008, 12:57 AM
Mine shipped this morning with a delivery date of February 15!! Ordered on Feb 2nd!

eyecool
Feb 11, 2008, 01:27 AM
Mine shipped this morning with a delivery date of February 15!! Ordered on Feb 2nd!

Nice! I ordered in Jan and still no love.

Mr.PS
Feb 11, 2008, 01:43 AM
I ordered Feb 7th, I have not gotten a shipping notice yet, hopefully soon.

ts1973
Feb 11, 2008, 03:18 AM
Mine just came through the front door :D Shipped on Thursday, tracking available on Friday.

I'm one happy camper :D

Sepharial
Feb 11, 2008, 03:32 AM
Has anyone got the card only? aka that ordered it as a spare part. I put in my order at 9th of January and it still says 10th of March :eek:

TenFour
Feb 11, 2008, 04:06 AM
I think it's fair to say that these things are finally flying out the door... to those whose MP hasn't yet shipped, fear not, she'll be "en route" in no time.

Soop53
Feb 11, 2008, 05:56 AM
I woke up this morning to a "prepared to ship" notice... FINALLY!:D

MrPDaddyHimself
Feb 11, 2008, 06:17 AM
Nice! I ordered in Jan and still no love.

Same Here. Curious, did you order the 3.2? Aren't you in Texas as well? Houston here.

ndtechie05
Feb 11, 2008, 07:42 AM
Shipped the 8th with tracking number however FedEx can't seem to find the tracking number yet!:confused:

eviltobz
Feb 11, 2008, 07:49 AM
just got a txt from my good lady at home saying that my beast has arrived :)
(stock + 8800 + airport, in uk)
i don't think i'm gonna get much more productive work done today :)
/giggles like a dizzy schoolgirl

Gloor
Feb 11, 2008, 08:17 AM
just got a txt from my good lady at home saying that my beast has arrived :)
(stock + 8800 + airport, in uk)
i don't think i'm gonna get much more productive work done today :)
/giggles like a dizzy schoolgirl

Did you get an email telling you that its on the way to you? I have received shipment notice, invoice and now it says in transit to customer. Did you have the same or you had some more info?

bokdol
Feb 11, 2008, 08:41 AM
mine was originally suppose to ship on the 17. but is now on route in cali at the moment. i am getting excited. stock 2.8 with 8800 and airport upgrade.

eyecool
Feb 11, 2008, 09:04 AM
You lucky dogs! I woke up to, no change in status... still not shipped. LOL man!

Banacek
Feb 11, 2008, 09:34 AM
You lucky dogs! I woke up to, no change in status... still not shipped. LOL man!

No change for me either. At least you're not alone.. :(

Civic
Feb 11, 2008, 09:51 AM
Gdamn 500GB HD, oh how I hate these 180 additional GBs right now.

peejack
Feb 11, 2008, 09:58 AM
Woops I ticked no, but just got confirmation it was loaded onto a TNT van today from Ireland :D:D

eyecool
Feb 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
So it's still about 60% yay to 40% nay, overall.

my 3 plate hd's and owc ram are getting lonely. She said "where's the beef?" I say "where's the mac?!".

whistler222
Feb 11, 2008, 01:35 PM
mine arrived today.
ordered Feb 3rd. :)

WOOHOO!!

eyecool
Feb 11, 2008, 05:03 PM
mine arrived today.
ordered Feb 3rd. :)

WOOHOO!!

Nice! How's it coming along?

Still nothing here. Not even a shipping notification.

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock

Zachmeyer
Feb 11, 2008, 05:36 PM
Ordered Jan, 17th. Got an e-mail w/tracking number on Feb. 9th. FedEx does not have the tracking number on file yet, but the Apple rep I talked to assured me it has indeed shipped and the FedEx ground items sometimes get scanned in batches and will not show up right away. She said I should have it by the 14th.

peejack
Feb 11, 2008, 05:42 PM
Ordered Jan, 17th. Got an e-mail w/tracking number on Feb. 9th. FedEx does not have the tracking number on file yet, but the Apple rep I talked to assured me it has indeed shipped and the FedEx ground items sometimes get scanned in batches and will not show up right away. She said I should have it by the 14th.

She is probably feeding you crap. lol

eyecool
Feb 11, 2008, 09:28 PM
I just called Apple. Annie answered. She was older. I couldn't be mean to her. She apologized so many times and told me it must be the wifi card, but thats her only guess. Then she went down the rest of my order that hasn't shipped, one by one, reading the ship and receive dates. Damnit, I should have requested overnight shipping. All I could think about was going for the $150 back jugular but I pussed out. I gave her the "but everyone around here already has theirs" and other stories, but all she did was apologize.

I am set to ship on the 13th and receive the 15th. If it doesn't show shipped at 12:00:01 AM, feb 13th, I am going to call and rip whoever answers the phone an new one.

Hope more of you received yours today and even more get them tomorrow.

wafl iron
Feb 11, 2008, 09:35 PM
Shipped the 8th with tracking number however FedEx can't seem to find the tracking number yet!:confused:

same here, xept it was shipped on the 9th.

exspes
Feb 11, 2008, 09:53 PM
Finally "prepared for shipment" ordered on the 8th, changed order on the 10th. The wait goes on.

eyecool
Feb 12, 2008, 12:12 AM
Finally "prepared for shipment" ordered on the 8th, changed order on the 10th. The wait goes on.

10th of Jan or Feb?

Banacek
Feb 12, 2008, 08:30 AM
10th of Jan or Feb?

He ordered back in Jan. He's one of us :)

Zachmeyer
Feb 12, 2008, 10:34 AM
She is probably feeding you crap. lol

Wrong: FedEx now shows it left their depot in Anaheim at 3:35 this morning. Yay! :D

exspes
Feb 12, 2008, 10:56 AM
He ordered back in Jan. He's one of us :)

Yeah, hah, I'm in this since The Beginning.

Edit: just called American Express - the charge went through, so here's hoping to shipment today and computer tomorrow!

yungdai
Feb 12, 2008, 11:17 AM
Wow, it is soooo beautiful. I'm impressed, with so many CPU's nothing so far has maxed all 8 of them. I'm in Canada (Toronto) if anyone is curious of when you should be getting yours. I ordered mine at the end of Jan.

louden
Mar 2, 2008, 05:42 PM
Wrong: FedEx now shows it left their depot in Anaheim at 3:35 this morning. Yay! :D

So, did you get the MP on the 14th? I'm kind of in the same boat - I had my shipping notice sent on on Friday 2/29, but can't see any tracking information on FedEx...

Zachmeyer
Mar 3, 2008, 11:27 AM
It arrived Feb. 15th. It's beautiful, and unbelieveably fast!!!

So, did you get the MP on the 14th? I'm kind of in the same boat - I had my shipping notice sent on on Friday 2/29, but can't see any tracking information on FedEx...